Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPD
 Login/Join

posted
I'm wondering if anyone else is having a problem being able to see all of the drop down. I am being cut off on a number of them, including the "scale" and everything on the blue bar. I can see the top of "File, Size etc" but not all of the words. My resolution is set as high as it can be, and i'm using a widescreen laptop, windows xp sp2 or whatever the latest update for windows is.

Also, Kaaren, can you give us step by them instructions on how to "design" a trumpet skirt.

Thanks
Jacqui

Posts: 107 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm wondering if anyone else is having a problem being able to see all of the drop down. I am being cut off on a number of them, including the "scale" and everything on the blue bar. I can see the top of "File, Size etc" but not all of the words. My resolution is set as high as it can be, and i'm using a widescreen laptop, windows xp sp2 or whatever the latest update for windows is.

"Widescreen" and "laptop" both suggest a possiblity. The standard pixel resolution in Windows is 96 dots per inch (dpi). This is a more obscure / advanced setting that screen resolution. You can find it in the same display settings dialog for your computer that the screen resolution is in. There is an advanced button there and will show you the dpi setting for your display. 96 dpi is "standard". 120 is used with some computers. There are other settings there that I don't know anything about at all.

Of course, nothing is really standard in the IBM world and several testers had systems that had 120 dpi for that setting, so we made a fix for them. We are not able to automaticaly detect that setting, so we cannot adjust for it automatically. But, if that is the problem, there is a patch file for 120 dpi displays that you can can install. It is at:

http://www.LivingsoftNW.com/builds/120dpi.exe

If you run this file and your display works better, then you are good to go and do not need to do more.

If you run this file and you still have a bad display, but now the text is too small, then you can undo it with its companion patch at:

http://www.LivingsoftNW.com/builds/96dpi.exe

If this is not the problem you are having, please contact PeggySue at support@LivingsoftNW.com for more detailed help.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That worked! I was missing half of the "choices".

quote:
Of course, nothing is really standard in the IBM world and several testers had systems that had 120 dpi for that setting, so we made a fix for them. We are not able to automaticaly detect that setting, so we cannot adjust for it automatically. But, if that is the problem, there is a patch file for 120 dpi displays that you can can install. It is at:

http://www.LivingsoftNW.com/builds/120dpi.exe

Posts: 107 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, Kaaren, can you give us step by them instructions on how to "design" a trumpet skirt.

catalog>skirt>gored>trumpet
the rest of the selections you like
or
enter pattern number 1246
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post