Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanda
 Login/Join

posted
I don't know if anybody else has had this problem, but I'm having a terrible time getting my printer to work with the Dress Shop, and My Pattern Design. I thought maybe it was the printer, but it works with everything else, and seems to print SOME reduced size things in the programs. I've been trying to print a pattern in My Pattern Design for about 40 minutes, but it won't happen. It's loaded 19 pages, but just sets there. Neither program asked for printer type, size, or anything. Do you think that might be the problem? I even deleted, and reloaded Dress Shop just to make sure I hadn't screwed my original one up somehow. Help Please.

Posts: 12 | Location: Washington | Registered: 23 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wanda its funny you mention this regarding the printer,I also have had problems with mine,which worked before even with MPD there,so the workaround I did was this.
Go into your browser, and check the settings there in page setup.make sure headers n footers are to your liking.I have had to change my centermeters to inches, on both browser and Dress Shop.I set mine to right left 0.5" bottom and top at 0.75" seemed to have helped.Hat shop only printed in black too thats why I had to investigate my printer.Don't ever delete DS thats a big no no lol.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wanda -
This may not be your problem, but after you click print, check to make sure the right printer name is in the box next to properties.

I had the same problem and for some reason the printer had been changed so of course it would not print.

Nancy

Posts: 34 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MPD has its own page set up whre tyu direct it to the desired printer and the page settings. That must be done to coordinate the printer and program. Go to File>Page set up.

Clear the current pages spooled to the pritner. Make sure there isnt a problem with ink or paper jams....cancel all docs, turn off and back on to reset if needed.

then try again.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did all of that, and the printer is printing, but it took two hours to do it. Is that normal?

Posts: 12 | Location: Washington | Registered: 23 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I print a blouse, it normally takes aprox 45 mins for my final printing in full size.I think i need to update my printer driver too,if you select print in black only it is much faster printing though.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is that normal? NO! I can print a full length princess dress with flare, one of oru largest patterns in under 8 minutes.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We got it fixed, and we think it must have been the update on the printer. One of our gals at our meeting, today, recommended the updates, and by golly it worked, but now I'm having problems with Dress Shop 6. When I bring up the screen for the waist opinions for pants, the blue screen pop up, that the options are on, is too large to get to the bottom of, so I can't click on the okay button. What's up with that????

Thanks, Wanda

posted Hide Post
quote:
now I'm having problems with Dress Shop 6. When I bring up the screen for the waist opinions for pants, the blue screen pop up, that the options are on, is too large to get to the bottom of, so I can't click on the okay button. What's up with that????

Hi Wanda,

Others may or may not see a problem with this. I have found that if you are in the lowest screen resolution that Dress Shop supports (800 by 600) AND you have the Men's Collections activated (which adds several pleat and waistband options to that menu), then the "Draft It" button goes off the bottom of the screen.

I can get that fixed (move the menu higher up on the page in that case. Until the fix is in your hands, though, you can make that dialog work by first doing your dart choices (which do not trigger a redraft as you may do several of those). But, when you are done, re-select your current waist band choice. That does trigger a redraft and acts just like the "Draft It" button does. So, you use waistband selection as a "Draft It" request until you get the change.

Thanks for pointing it out and sorry that particular combination of resolutions, activations, and menu selections got missed during testing....

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post