Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    What happened to Dress shop6 Advanced etc?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What happened to Dress shop6 Advanced etc?
 Login/Join

posted
I am I to understand that I own an obsolete Dress shop catagory?
I was looking at LNW website & I now notice that Dress shop 6 only has Standard & Pro.

What may I ask have I got now?
I have paid for more than Standard but not Pro. This seems extremely unfair to me as it now seems that I have paid for something more than I have unless I get upgraded to Pro without the extra patterns or something. My DS 6 program only tells me I have advanced or whatever it was called.
Tris

DS9, plus extras

Posts: 28 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Advanced was DS5, sorry, it was called Deluxe in DS6. Either way it seems that I have something that no longer exists.
Tris

DS9, plus extras

Posts: 28 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi -dont panic.Your DS 6 Deluxe program will continue to be updated with all DS 6 updates.

We have just decided to reduce the number of variations of DS 6 we are selling. Nothing changes for you - you will still own all the patterns/tools that come with the core Deluxe program ( forever) and any collections you purchased and will continue to have updates.

The difference in the programs is simply how many tools, patterns, options are available at the time of purchase.

You have LOST nothing.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am I to understand that I own an obsolete Dress shop catagory?
I was looking at LNW website & I now notice that Dress shop 6 only has Standard & Pro.

What may I ask have I got now?
I have paid for more than Standard but not Pro. This seems extremely unfair to me as it now seems that I have paid for something more than I have unless I get upgraded to Pro without the extra patterns or something. My DS 6 program only tells me I have advanced or whatever it was called.

Wow, what a scary thought, that a product ceases to exist if it is not being sold. I bought a Toyota Prius is 2002 and Toyota now sells a newer model of that car. But, I checked and mine is still in the gargage, so I guess the fact that what they offer may change, what I own does not. :-)

Livingsoft adjusts the products being offered every year or so. No causse for concern regarding what you own now. Just a change to those buying tomorrow...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob, thanks for the sarcasm.
In the software world things do in fact cease to exist like add on extras if not supported. A car is a solid object. software isn't it is written code & it can easily be absorbed into a lower edition of the program to amount to me owning extra bits that do not actually get supported. i mean how wopuld I know unless I have a friend with exactly the same things as me but ourchased the Standard version!

I will be happy if I know that I will always have more than the standard version without any of my add on tools that I purchased separately.
Tris

DS9, plus extras

posted Hide Post
We also support and continue to sell the Pro version which in fact has more than what you purchased.

The DS Family code is written with Pro in mind, the smaller/less expensive products just don't have "everything" turned on.

We turn on the value for each productlimiting some for the smaller versions. Its not that there are x number of separate programs each with its own unique code that behaves differently or drafts differently.

Everything you own is still there and still supported.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post