New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two piece Sleeve
 Login/Join

<Kate Dickson>
posted
I'm making a shoulder princess jacket, and wanted to use the two piece sleeve. I printed the sleeve, and because the notches are not marked on it, I printed the top of the one piece sleeve, intending to transfer the notch markings. I was surprised to find that there is a big difference in the cap of the two sleeves. The two piece sleeve has a cap height of 6.17 and a width of 17.54, while the one-piece sleeve has a cap height of 6.96 and a width of 16.13. I thought the purpose of a two piece sleeve was to give a better fit to the arm, and that the cap should be the same? To my mind, the two piece sleeve cap is very "squatty", and would make a very unattractive sleeve.

I know I can change the cap shape in sleeve editor, but I wondered about the reason for the change in cap shape - is there a benefit to the change in shape?

Thanks
Kate

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Kate Dickson>
posted
Whoops - I noticed my signature says DS 6.09. I'm up to 6:11, but have forgotten how to change my signature!

posted Hide Post
adjust bicep ease as desired, cap height will
adjust

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know that we can change the bicep ease, but the default bicep ease for jackets in this build has increased. Was there a reason for this change?

Patti

Posts: 21 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
an accidental reason..it picked up early work on a mans jacket bicep.just change it.its just default...and default means start position..you ahev the option to alter it to what you want.

id suggest updating to v12.its free

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Kate,
I have both version 6.11 and version 6.12 on two computers.
I called out a shoulder princess jacket and selected a one-piece and a two-piece sleeve. On V6.11 on the one-piece sleeve I got a cap of 7" and an ease of 16.83". When I select a two-piece sleeve I get a cap of 5.75" and an ease of 18.88".

But when I go to v6.12 and do the same thing I get a cap of 7.79" and an ease of 18.75" for the one-piece sleeve and for the two-piece sleeve I get a cap of 7.75" and a cap of 18.88". In V6.12 the two sleeves are much closer in cap and ease than v6.11

I don't know where you want to go from here, but I thought I would do the comparison so that it could be some help to you.
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
an accidental reason..it picked up early work on a mans jacket bicep.just change it.its just default...and default means start position..you ahev the option to alter it to what you want.

I know that this is just default, but I don't think it is asking too much to expect the defaults to stay the same between software builds. I hope that it is changed back soon.

Posts: 21 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Kate Dickson>
posted
Thanks everyone - I guess v 6.12 is the solution. With my slow dial-up connection, I tend to put off an update as long as possible!!