livingsoftnw.groupee.net
Trying to knock off a Mandarin-style dress

This topic can be found at:
https://livingsoftnw.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/700108521/m/8401027422

13 November 2006, 02:48 PM
ConnieS
Trying to knock off a Mandarin-style dress
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to use my Dress Shop 6.0 Pro with all the bells and whistles to approxmiate this dress:

It seems that with the patterns I choose I can't get to what I want - a mandarin collar with a front closure, open just slightly at the neck, and cut-away sleeveless in almost a halter/necklace dress shape.

While I'm here, what exactly is a "pegged" dress? I can't find a definition for it or really tell how it differs from the sheath?

Thanks!

Aloha!
13 November 2006, 03:09 PM
Llantrisant
Oohhhhhh thats lovely.What I did when making my mandarin collar was, I printed off the default one,then I walked it around the neckline area of my top,shortened it said amount, and reprinted a new one with those measurements.A pegged dress is to my knowlege, very straight slim/pencil fit.I would imagine to get that type of sleeve would be like a raglan.Hope some of this helps you here. Smiler
13 November 2006, 03:23 PM
ReneeG1957
Pegged means that the hem narrows from the hip to the knee slightly instead of going down straight. It will have more of a ( shape instead of an / or | shape to the side seams - to try to put it into "visual" terms.

Renee Graham
Home is where the sewing room is!
13 November 2006, 03:37 PM
ConnieS
Thanks to both of you! Sounds like the pegged dress is what I want for this Mandarin number. Dress code for a party coming up is "Chinese fancy" (the office where my husband just signed on is owned by a second-generation American of Chinese descent). I found a gorgeous red satin with embroidery.

Aloha!
13 November 2006, 07:23 PM
Kaaren Hoback
think very narrow Vee neck (neck)thats rather deep with a very narrow button placket set in options) MUSLIN a test pattern!!!!!!!!!

patrns4u@aol.com
13 November 2006, 07:38 PM
ConnieS
Thanks, Kaaren - yes I had definitely planned to do a test pattern. Thanks for the hints on pattern choices as well.

Aloha!