Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Trying to knock off a Mandarin-style dress
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trying to knock off a Mandarin-style dress
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to use my Dress Shop 6.0 Pro with all the bells and whistles to approxmiate this dress:

It seems that with the patterns I choose I can't get to what I want - a mandarin collar with a front closure, open just slightly at the neck, and cut-away sleeveless in almost a halter/necklace dress shape.

While I'm here, what exactly is a "pegged" dress? I can't find a definition for it or really tell how it differs from the sheath?

Thanks!

Aloha!

Posts: 12 | Location: Oahu, Hawaii | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oohhhhhh thats lovely.What I did when making my mandarin collar was, I printed off the default one,then I walked it around the neckline area of my top,shortened it said amount, and reprinted a new one with those measurements.A pegged dress is to my knowlege, very straight slim/pencil fit.I would imagine to get that type of sleeve would be like a raglan.Hope some of this helps you here. Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pegged means that the hem narrows from the hip to the knee slightly instead of going down straight. It will have more of a ( shape instead of an / or | shape to the side seams - to try to put it into "visual" terms.

Renee Graham
Home is where the sewing room is!

Posts: 31 | Location: Fort Bend, Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to both of you! Sounds like the pegged dress is what I want for this Mandarin number. Dress code for a party coming up is "Chinese fancy" (the office where my husband just signed on is owned by a second-generation American of Chinese descent). I found a gorgeous red satin with embroidery.

Aloha!

Posts: 12 | Location: Oahu, Hawaii | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
think very narrow Vee neck (neck)thats rather deep with a very narrow button placket set in options) MUSLIN a test pattern!!!!!!!!!

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Kaaren - yes I had definitely planned to do a test pattern. Thanks for the hints on pattern choices as well.

Aloha!