Find
Notify
Tools

New Release of DS 7
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
Hi Lettie and others with the same questions- I was waiting till this morning to talk about DS7 and I am really excited about it.

I just got the newsletter with the info on DS7 and was wondering who designed/sewed that great top on the left? I would love to make one, could who ever designed it (a tester? Jump in here and give yourself credit!!!) share the settings?

I am sooooo excited about the bib feature. I had to take a sewing break, but I am back now!

Posts: 5 | Location: USA | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where did you find the bib feature? I could not find it in the demo version of 7 and thought I looked everywhere. Is it a yoke, neckline, collar or what. Thanks!

Sandy in NM

Posts: 68 | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bis are udner necklines and apply to blouses, waisted dresses and jumpsuits.

It needs a "waisted garment " to work for pants you dont slam a bib on a pant or cullote ( which doesn't offer a neckline) , but the pant- jumpsuit suit "category" allows use.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where did you find the bib feature? I could not find it in the demo version of 7 and thought I looked everywhere. Is it a yoke, neckline, collar or what. Thanks!

Neckline, but for dresses, jumpers, and jumpsuits. It does not work with blouses.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just got the newsletter with the info on DS7 and was wondering who designed/sewed that great top on the left? I would love to make one, could who ever designed it (a tester? Jump in here and give yourself credit!!!) share the settings?

Sorry, but that one is a stock photo, not a user. We found that many customers got the Dress Shop tools, but were not sure what to do with them. So, this month, we will be posting a number of photos of what the tools can produce. We hope they will serve as both inspiration and illustration of what you can accomplish with the right fashion design tools. The opportunity to add playful and stylish fashion flourishes that professional designers use to attract attention is provided by these tools. And, whether you create your own fashion statement or copy others that you have seen elsewhere is not as important as the fact that:

1. You can easily be fashionably stylish and original.
2. And, it will still fit!

There are other software drafting aids available. But, the standard CAD (computer aided drawing or computer aided drafting) tools will let you draw something, but give you no assurance that the results will still fit you. The Dress Shop fashion design tools are specific to apparel design, easy to use, and the results will fit.

We strongly believe that these powerful tools are the most mis-understood and under-utilized aspect of the Dress Shop products. So, we will be showing you more and better just what you can achieve using the Dress Shop design tools.

Much more to come very soon....

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not getting the newsletter, so assume that my email must be bouncing. I just went into my spam filter with my provider at indcated that livingsoftnw.* is okay. Hope that will allow future newsletters to come through.

Birgit

Posts: 16 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for "locating" the bibs for me. Must have had my blinders on when first searching!
;-) I have always liked bib jumpers--so easy to work in! Now off to update!!

As an added note--I have always loved the DS tools and like being able to pull on the nodes to design with, rather than having to just enter numbers. To me this is easier than MPD which wants numbers only, though there are features there that I like better than DS. So I use both and hope that those who haven't used the DS tools before will give them a try. Just play a bit and you can see all sorts of possibilities!! Sandy

<donut>
posted
I just upgraded to DS 7 and although the website said I would have the hemline shaper tool, I don't have it. Frowner

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just upgraded to DS 7 and although the website said I would have the hemline shaper tool, I don't have it.

The label on the button should read "Shaper". There is not room on those buttons in some screen resolutions for the longer name.

If it says version 7.00 on your welcome screen, then you should have this button and the tool it links to.

<donut>
posted
Sorry, but I don't see it. I also don't have a sleeve designer. Also, where would the wing collar tool and custom collar designer be? And...the dart and princess buttons are grayed out all the time. Oh and where would I find the hanky hem? Thanks. Smiler

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry, but I don't see it. I also don't have a sleeve designer. Also, where would the wing collar tool and custom collar designer be? And...the dart and princess buttons are grayed out all the time. Oh and where would I find the hanky hem?

First, does your welcome screen say version 7.00? If it does not, then you can look all you want and not find all of these tools.

Second, what pattern are you drafting? Which tools are enabled and which options appear in each varies depending on what you are drafting.

Third, the sleeve tool is always there in every version of Dress Shop. It is labeled "Sleeve". The "Custom Sleeve Design Tool" will be under that button any time you have selected a custom sleeve type from the Mia sleeve menus.

The Wing Collar designer is there when you have a wing collar selected from Mia's collar menu.

The Custom Collar editor is available any time you do not have a wing or shawl collar selected. When you click on the "Collar" button, you will see a drop list for collar type. Choose one and the draggable edit tools for that type of collar will appear.

The princess tool is available with any pattern that includes a princess line.

The Dart Tool is greyed out with some patterns (the bodice sloper, for instance), but there are many patterns, so I would need to know which one you were drafting when you looked at that button. It is available with most patterns.

The hanky hem options are included in the Shaper Tool, in the pull down menus for Front Hem Curve and Back Hem Curve.

There are illustrated articles talking about each of these tools, available from the "Tell Me More" link at the top of each them. And, as every one of those articles suggests, the best way to learn about these tools is to play with them. Try them with different patterns. They change depending on which pattern and which options (necklines, collars, skirt types, pant styles, etc.) you have selected.

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just upgraded to DS 7 and although the website said I would have the hemline shaper tool, I don't have it.

Remember, there are 3 steps to getting any new Dress Shop product or upgrade:

1. You need to download and install the latest update.

2. You need to purchase the new product or upgrade.

3. After the purchase and after installing the new code, you must activate what you have purchased. You can do that by typing in the activation code manually using the File menu - Enter Keycode feature. Or, you can enter them automatically using the Help - On The Web - Get My Activation Codes feature. But, you must do one or the other to let your desktop program know what the web store knows - that you bought the product.

<donut>
posted
-I DO have have version 7 installed. I DO have it activated. When I open the program it says version 7. I DO NOT have a button for the shaper tool and although I DO have a button that says sleeve, it is the sleeve EDITOR, not the DESIGNER.

The sleeve editor is the sleeve designer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kaaren Hoback,

posted Hide Post
Pick a skirt, look at the vertical tool bar, select shaper. The hsaper tool should display in the Mia area to the left of the pattern.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dona--To find the custom sleeve, choose sleeve on Mia and scroll down till you see "Custom Sleeve" at the bottom of the sleeve choice list. Click on it. If it doesn't redraft immediately, click on "redraft" and you should see the sleeve. Then you can pull on the nodes on the weird looking sleeve on Mia, or enter numbers if you wish. HTH On the shaper tool, it is located very near the bottom on the list of tabs. If you can't see it, you may need to go to Control Panel on your puter and into the Display category where you should be able to change the screen resolution for your monitor. I have mine set at 1024 x 768 and can see all the tabs. Depending on your monitor you may be able to set the resolution even higher. The shaper tool is not available for all patterns, but does show up for most. Again, HTH! Sandy