New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Release of DS 7
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hi RJW, Anna,
Im curious do you own the pattern converter as well.I noticed the converter was not violet on DS pro-7 advertisement.
I own all tools except the pattern converter so I am wondering if it comes with the $60 upgrade.
I believe they have upgraded the fit tool from what I read. laurra

Posts: 104 | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The pattern conveter, a bunch fo encklines, collars and even sleeves are new.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I currently own DS 6 Pro along with all of the tools. When I go to checkout, the price shown is $60. Is that correct? If I understand this posting correctly, wouldn't the price be $30 since I own all of the tools?

Your price should be $30, but that added discount for owning the tools is different from how the online web store has worked in the past. The discounts for different versions of Dress Shop owned have been done before and the amounts appropriate for DS7 versus every other type of Dress Shop ever released all got in there. But, the added discount for other products also owned is not in there yet. It will be. But, until the web store does it automatically, please order using the toll free line. Or, wait till Monday, perhaps. Not clear if we can get changes to the web store done on Sunday, I'm afraid. But, it will be working that way as soon as that change can be worked into the online shopping cart code.... ;-)

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Im curious do you own the pattern converter as well.I noticed the converter was not violet on DS pro-7 advertisement.
I own all tools except the pattern converter so I am wondering if it comes with the $60 upgrade.

Oops. Missed a link there. I fixed the upgrade page to include a link to the web page that describes the Pattern Converter Tool.

That tool, originally provided as a part of the Men's Collection, is now included in the Dress Shop 7 Pro package. The Men's Collection was reduced in price by $30 since that tool is no longer ONLY provided with it. For DS 7 Standard owners, the tool does still come with the reduced price Men's Collection as well.

With the release of Dress Shop 7, there were similar changes to other companion collections. Many of the collections released gradually over the past few years included some feature that was either developed just for that collection or was tried out in a limited number of patterns.

With Dress Shop 7, many of these features have now been made available for many / most / all patterns, rather than just the very few patterns that they were originally developed for. Some of the new necklines, for instance, were released as a part of a couple of patterns included in the Illustions, Spring '05 or Spring '06 collections. Now, those necks can be used on virtually any blouse or dress pattern in Dress Shop 7.

Another example is the Waist Level Offset setting in the Options dialog. This setting was provided to allow adjustment of the waist level of a small number of drop waisted dresses. In Dress Shop 7, it is now available to adjust the waist position of any jumpsuit or waisted dress pattern in the product.

As these features were made general purpose, rather than specific to the collection they were released with, the collections have been updated, combined, and reduced in total price.

Examples include:

1. Ultimate Lingerie (replaces Essential Lingerie and adds every lingerie or loungewear pattern that was released in any other collection over the years)

2. Ultimate Activewear (combines Essential Activewear, Activewear II, and any other activewear pattern released in any other collection).

3. Spring and Summer Fashions - combines Spring '05, Spring '06, and reduces the price.

4. Illusions and Men's Collection were both reduced in price as features in them became a part of DS7 Pro.

My point is NOT that these collections were changed, but that Dress Shop 7 inherited more features, available now for all patterns, not just the patterns in the collection that they appeared with. The Pattern Converter Tool is one of those...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
Hello from unusually hot Florida!

Please let me make sure I understand the pricing structure before I dig out my credit card: I currently own DS6 Deluxe with all 4 tools mentioned. I'm thinking of upgrading to DS7 Pro. So, $150.00 - ($10.00 x 4 tools) = $110.00 final price. Is my high school algebra correct?

I also own several pattern packets and the men's collection. How will these meld into DS7?

Thanks!

Barb Levy

Posts: 36 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, $150.00 - ($10.00 x 4 tools) = $110.00 final price. Is my high school algebra correct?

I also own several pattern packets and the men's collection. How will these meld into DS7?

Your math is correct upgrading to pro at the discount rate minus the tools.

Your collections will all be there and whatever new necklines, sleeves and collars that can apply to each garment will enhancing the pattern count from all your collections.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your math is correct upgrading to pro at the discount rate minus the tools.

BTW, the online shopping cart is now deducting the tool discount properly. I think. Still testing cases, but the first couple that I tried seem to be working properly...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
All righty, then -- I still can do basic math! Smiler

One more question: how long will the discount pricing structure last? With a large property tax bill due next month, I may have to delay this particular purchase for a couple of months.

Barb Levy

Posts: 36 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
One more question: how long will the discount pricing structure last? With a large property tax bill due next month, I may have to delay this particular purchase for a couple of months.

The upgrade prices / discounts are permanent.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
I received an email about the DS 7 release yesterday (Oct. 22nd).

Diane in Woodbridge, VA

Posts: 1 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have bought DS7 and been given my activation code which when I feed it in tells I have been successful.I cannot see any of the features in my program so think I don't have it. I have Dress Shop 6Pro build 18 on the program 17 on the master update in my program files and when I try to download again it won't do it. I have IE 6 so don't have that problem.I am not in any hurry and will read the discussion list to note if there is a problem meantime.
Marge UK

Posts: 237 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Peggym:
and when I try to download again it won't do it.
----------------
I forgot to add this
When I try to download, the menu on the download bar asks me to choose which download I want. I click on dress Shop family as that is all there is to choose from as the other 2 are Hat Shop and Home Dec but it won't accept that. I thought the menu used to have Dress Shop 6 and am now expecting dress shop 7

<LivingSoft Support>
posted
Good morning Marge,

Select the Dress Shop Family, then get the Update. As always, save the download to your desktop and the close all applications prior to installing. If you encounter any problems or further questions, you can contact me directly at support@livingsoftnw.com

Warmest regards,
PeggySue

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have bought DS7 and been given my activation code which when I feed it in tells I have been successful.I cannot see any of the features in my program so think I don't have it. I have Dress Shop 6Pro build 18 on the program 17 on the master update in my program files and when I try to download again it won't do it. I have IE 6 so don't have that problem.I am not in any hurry and will read the discussion list to note if there is a problem meantime.

The simplest way to tell if you have activated Dress Shop 7 successfully is to run Dress Shop. On the welcome screen, it displays which version number you are running. It should read "Version 7.00". You can also find this in the Help - About Dress Shop box.

If you see that version number, then the features should be there. Which pattern were you drafting and which feature did not see?

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
If you see that version number, then the features should be there. Which pattern were you drafting and which feature did not see?[/QUOTE]
---------------
Well I definately did not have DS7Pro but for whatever reason when I tried again to download the update away it went first time. Gremlins huh,I am set to go now. It was a good deal I thought for $30 especially for me in the UK.
I was in New York last week and have bought a lot of fabric to make up. Went to Mood on your reccommendation Kaaren. What a great shop. Wow.
Marge UK