New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Release of DS 7
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry, but I don't see it. I also don't have a sleeve designer. Also, where would the wing collar tool and custom collar designer be? And...the dart and princess buttons are grayed out all the time. Oh and where would I find the hanky hem? Thanks.

Once DS 7 is actiavted all the various buttons/tools become available for the pattern types they are associated with.

You ownt find a collar tool available for a skirt- the names of the tools in the tool bar are ( beyond Design which takes you to Mia, Print, Options, Fit, Etras, neck, Collars, Darts, Princess, yokes, sleeves, closures, shaper, crotch and skirt.

The hanky hem is under skirt, the wing collar under collar but only after you select a shawl or wing collar on Mia from the collar options.

So first select a patetrn that the elenment you want is useable on- then select the design type on Mia- for instance the sleeve editor for the adjustable sleeve is called a Custom sleeve on Mia- then open the sleeve tool. Any other sleeve will not open the custom sleeve tool, but only those elements for a straight sleeve such as cuffs, vents, and ease variants.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<donut>
posted
I do not have an option for "custom sleeve". I do not get the collar options when I choose wing collar. I do not have a button that says shaper no matter what screen resolution I try. I have redownloaded and it is the same.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do not have an option for "custom sleeve". I do not get the collar options when I choose wing collar. I do not have a button that says shaper no matter what screen resolution I try. I have redownloaded and it is the same.

Kaaren posted a list of all of the tools (Design, Print, Options, Fit, Extras, Neck, Collar, Darts, Princess, Yokes, Sleeve, Closure, Shaper, Crotch, and Skirt).

If you are missing only the Shaper Tool, then you have some inexplicable problem that nobody else has ever had and we cannot begin to guess a cause for.

However, if you are missing all of the lower tool buttons (Shaper, Crotch, Skirt), then perhaps you have some non-standard monitor or display settings. Do you use accessibility options (adjustments in Windows for those with vision difficulties) prehaps? Or, do you have a non-standard display like a wide screen monitor designed for movie display?

I don't know what else to guess, but you might be in a better position to suggest what about your system might possibly be different from all other Dress Shop users. Hints might help...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posted 02 November 2006 08:51 AM

All these options are a PART of DS - they arent optional- they are intrincs to the program. If you dotn have any of them you dont have a properly installed DS full program of at least version 6.0.

They are found in the "design" option using the toggle regions on Mia.

To select a sleeve type on Mia you have a long list including for a blouse darted, straight not dart, gathered,shirtmaker,traglan (bell puff lantern, circle,ruffle and etc) and CUSTOM down enar the bottom of the list.

for jackets and other outerwear you have darted, straight no dart, 2 piece and the custom option DOES NOT work....

what may not be clear is
1 you must first draft a pattern that MAY use the option ( Ie a fitted shell or fitted blouse...)

then select the design element of which sleeve on Mia

then and only then use the tool.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<donut>
posted
ok...I am still working on this. Frowner I even had someone else download the master and installed on a different puter and I don't have the shaper button. I don't have a custom sleeve choice in Mia and the dart button hasn't lit up yet, no matter what I choose. Could it be that I had DS deluxe before and now it's called standard? Could it be that my activation code isn't including everything I should have? I am at a loss here. I don't have any "different" moniter settings or accesiblilty set ups.

<donut>
posted
Ok...it's me again. I just installed my DD's puter and when I was still in demo mode I had everything I was supposed to have. But, as soon as I entered my activation code, I lost the shaper button, the custom sleeve, who knows which patterns and the dart button was unavailable.

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
ok...I am still working on this. I even had someone else download the master and installed on a different puter and I don't have the shaper button. I don't have a custom sleeve choice in Mia and the dart button hasn't lit up yet, no matter what I choose. Could it be that I had DS deluxe before and now it's called standard? Could it be that my activation code isn't including everything I should have? I am at a loss here. I don't have any "different" moniter settings or accesiblilty set ups.

Aaaggghhhh!!!

My fault. I did not look at your account closely enough and your upgrade path did not work fully. Apparently, going from Dress Shop 6 Basic to Dress Shop 7 Standard did not turn on the tools in the same way that going from any other Dress Shop 6 version did. I certainly should have spotted that and I am very, very sorry.

I will get the Dress Shop 7 upgrade corrected so that others do not run into that. But, you do not need to wait for it. I have added all the tool programs to your account (no cost, of course). If you do the auto-activate (Help - On The Web - Get my activation codes), all of the tools should get enabled properly. I think.

I'm very sorry that I did not spot that case. One among many, but I had thought I had tried them all. Apparently not, though...

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<donut>
posted
Yeah!!! I am glad it's fixed!! I was thinking so hard I saw smoke!! Smiler I just "fetched" my codes and all is well! Smiler

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah!!! I am glad it's fixed!! I was thinking so hard I saw smoke!! I just "fetched" my codes and all is well!

Thank goodness. I'm sorry it took so many posts to figure it out, but delighted you got there. Thanks for hanging in there.