Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Dress Shop 9 upgrade
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dress Shop 9 upgrade
 Login/Join

posted
Two weeks ago I upgraded to Dress Shop 8.05 and the Fall Wardrobe. Now I am told, two weeks later, that I must pay and extra $69 to upgrade to Dress Shop 9. This is not quite right as it is obvious that Dress Shop 9 was about to be launched. Why do I have to pay that extra fee now.
I do like DS and recently made a fitted jacket that is quite nice; many complements were received last Saturday. I am just upset at having to pay even more when I feel that if a new, better version was about to be launched, the DS8 should not have been offered at all.

Thank you,
Patricia Clements https://www.livingsoftnw.com/Secure/YourAccount.aspx

Posts: 3 | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Two weeks ago I upgraded to Dress Shop 8.05 and the Fall Wardrobe. Now I am told, two weeks later, that I must pay and extra $69 to upgrade to Dress Shop 9. This is not quite right as it is obvious that Dress Shop 9 was about to be launched. Why do I have to pay that extra fee now.
I do like DS and recently made a fitted jacket that is quite nice; many complements were received last Saturday. I am just upset at having to pay even more when I feel that if a new, better version was about to be launched, the DS8 should not have been offered at all.

There was a coupon offer for those that had recently upgraded to Dress Shop 8, but you did not get it because you have your Livingsoft email preferences set to receive none. If you tell us not to send emails to you, then we won't. I will send you this particular offer, but you will not get any others unless you choose to change your Livingsoft email preferences. There are often offers that get sent out. Up to you...

I did want to comment on the idea that when an upgrade is coming, we should stop selling prior versions. I am glad the grocery store does not do that when they have a sale coming up. Some of us want to buy bread when we want it, not later when a lower price might be available. And, if I need Turbo Tax today and Intuit has stopped selling it because they may do an upgrade soon, whenever it happens to get finished up, well... I don't know if the IRS would take that as an acceptable excuse for my late taxes.

Then there is the question of how far before a new version should this apply? Ten days perhaps? Wouldn't we then hear from everyone that bought 11 days ago or 3 weeks ago, or a month ago, complaining they had now missed out.

In any case, we have a firm policy of never publicly announcing new product releases until they are ready. Vaporwear is a nasty part of the software industry that we do not choose to participate in. When you hear about a Dress Shop product on this forum it will only be because it is ready to be purchased. There are occasions when we talk about what is coming later in the year. But, those comments happen in direct emails to our current customers or in newsletters that again are only sent to existing customers. We never, not ever, announce such things on a public forum where non-customers may claim that they relied upon such repressentations when they purchased for the first time.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My question is more to the point: I downloaded the new version, did the activation on it and now I no longer have half my patterns. Lingerie, most of the activewear, etc. are gone. Was that a "benefit" of the upgrade?

Elizabeth
A user since 2.0 and a Gold member

I WILL win the stash battle even if it means hocking the cats!

Posts: 10 | Location: Far West | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please send in a proper problem report from the program so the proper person gets full name, registered email address etc so they can look up your account and make sure all your codes ship.
You LOST nothing. You gained a lot.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post