Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    scoop neck cap sleeve blouse
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

scoop neck cap sleeve blouse
 Login/Join

<DressShopBob>
posted
quote:
I was just looking at the new scoop neck blouse and noticed that the back hemline is not curved as the front. Is there an option to curve the back hem or must we use the ol pencil routine?

The curved hemline is to provide extra fabric to go over the bust. It is done to fronts only.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob - thanks for letting me know as that's just want I need for the hem to do - curve to make up for going over the bust.

MPD 2 Pro, DS Pro with almost every feature and pattern collection

Posts: 67 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
My sleeve markings look okay.

I do have a question about this pattern though. When I print it out @ 25%, I noticed that the front shoulder seam is longer than the back shoulder seam (pieces don't match up...front is longer). I noticed this in 6.10 and it's still there is 6.11. I printed without seam allowances if that matters.

Does anyone have any ideas on why the pattern is doing this? I want to use a woven so I can't just stretch it to make it fit. If I use pencil in the difference should I make up the difference on the "sleeve" side or the "neckline" side?

Any ideas, help, opinions would be appreciated. I love the look of this pattern and have already washed my fabrioc to make it.

That pattern does have an error in it. There is a patch that corrects this at:

http://www.LivingsoftNW.com/builds/DS6_11b.exe

If you would like to get this fix, you should download this file and run it to install. This is a self-extracting zip file that will install to the default Dress Shop folder location. If you have Dress Shop installed elsewhere, you will need to change where the zip file installs to when you run it.

We have not announced this patch and do not necessarily encourage anyone to get it at this time as we are still looking at several issues with gored skirts that some users have asked about. Once changes there are done to everyone's satisfaction, we will announce or post this more prominently. Until then, you are welcome to the fix, but you should not bother unless you really need one of the included changes.

The full list of changes at this time is:

1. The Basic Bodice was not defaulting to having a back shoulder dart. At this time, the bodice, bodice sloper, and Fitted Blazer are the only patterns that get the back shoulder dart at default. For all other patterns, that dart is not present unless added using the Dart Tool.

2. Waisted Formals (such as the Empire Waist Formal) were not drafting properly. The non-formal versions of these patterns was drafting properly.

3. Some skirts (gored, gathered, tiered, and circle) that are not drafted on-the-fold, would show excess pattern pieces if View - Pattern Side - Unfolded was selected.

4. The Scoop Neck Cap Sleeve Blouse shoulder seam lengths (front versus back) were not the same.

5. The added vent and gore options included with Illusions and the Spring & Summer 2005 Collections were not showing in the Options Tool for some patterns.

6. Neck width and depth are now displayed on the pattern whenever reference lines are displayed.

7. Gored Skirt design changes:
a. Flare angle would decrease as skirt length decreased.
b. With foldover elastic waist or applied elastic waistband, waist width was expanded to maximum of waist, ab, or hip.
c. With zipper closure selected, the dart in the gore seam was removed. Straight side seams, not curved.
d. Measurement reference lines were removed for this pattern as the width of each was misleading with the pattern cut into gore panels.
e. Front and back panels were not the same length.
f. Options for front/back/side zippers were added.
g. The changes requested for this pattern are not complete at this time.

8. Adding a side bust dart to a shirtwaist pattern would alter the skirt length inappropriately.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I downloaded and installed the patch. I don't see a change in the scoop neck cap sleeve blouse. Can someone who has downloaded the patch check to see if the front and back shoulder seams match up after the patch? I may have not installed the patch correctly.

Thanks,

Michelle

DS 6.11 Standard
Fashion Designer 1
Spring & Summer 2005 Collection
Sew Quick Summer Casuals
Dress Shop Fit Tool
Dress Shop Princess Designer
Dress Shop Illusions - Patterns for Real People
Dress Shop Essential Lingerie
Dress Shop Ultimate Pants
Pattern set #1022, #1042

Posts: 8 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Michelle

What "patch" are you talking about? I don't see any patch on the Livingsoftnw website.

Posts: 147 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's one that Bob announced in one of his posts. It is not available on the website yet, as it is still in testing.

Carolyn

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks to me like the shoulder lengths have not been corrected yet.

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Carolyn!!! I am never sure if I am installing patches correctly since they run differently than the updates.

Michelle
Jacksonville, FL

DS 6.11 Standard
Fashion Designer 1
Sew Quick Summer Casuals
Dress Shop Fit Tool
Pattern set #1022, #1042

Posts: 8 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fix is not yet released.
it was found/done after the last update.
K

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DressShopBob>
posted
quote:
It looks to me like the shoulder lengths have not been corrected yet.

Yes, that fix did not "take". Sorry, but these changes are still in work and that one was not tested. To fix it yourself, if you would like to, draft this blouse, select the Neck tool, check the "Shoulder Strap" box, then look at the radio buttons for where the strap is placed. This blouse is set to "Swimsuit Strap". That is the error. Choose any other strap placement and the shoulder lines should match up.

I'll rebuild that pattern (again) before we release the patch or update.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob!!! I can do this and learn something new at the same time.

Rock On!!!!!!

Michelle
Jacksonville, FL

DS 6.11 Standard
Fashion Designer 1
Sew Quick Summer Casuals
Dress Shop Fit Tool
Pattern set #1022, #1042