Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Change in inseam ease?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Change in inseam ease?
 Login/Join

posted
One of the messages in my other discussion said:

"What you may be seeing in the semi-fitted pants as well as maybe for other pants is that the .5" inseam ease is no longer default. It is not that the inseam for one pant pattern out of all the pants pattern was purposely changed, there is no value added to the program to go in and deliberately change one pant leg inseam.

If you input .5" into the inseam ease box on the fit tool, I am sure you will see the inseam change to something more to your liking."

When did this change? I went back and checked the changes for the latest load, and there is no mention of the inseam ease changing. I compared printouts from 6.11 and 6.12, both with no changes to defaults. Am I missing something here?

Posts: 21 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
When did this change? I went back and checked the changes for the latest load, and there is no mention of the inseam ease changing. I compared printouts from 6.11 and 6.12, both with no changes to defaults. Am I missing something here?

This is a bug. One that many users will not see, though. Which is why you did not get a quick answer from anyone.

With the latest release, the way inseam ease was handled changed slightly. In the past, dolls got no ease, but humans did. With this recent update, we also decided that men and children should not be getting this ease, either. Women need it. Others do not.

So, the defaults were modified to check the measurement set you are using and only provide this ease if it is a woman's measurement set. But, how is a set marked as being a woman's? There are many ways. We could have looked for a bust. Instead, though, we looked for the body type setting. This is a number stored in your measurement set if you use the standard measurement chart or the measurement wizard at any time in the process of building your measurement set. Any place in the program that includes the list of body types would set this.

But, it is possible to build a measurement set without ever doing that selection. I went through the sets I have on hand. 2 out of 15 did not have this number set. So, they would get no inseam ease, even though they were women's measurements. Not what we intended.

We'll fix this. Until you get the fix, though, you can enter the number in the Ease or Fit dialog (whichever you have). If you are still getting inseam ease with your pants, then this bug will not effect you at all.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post