Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPD update
 Login/Join

posted
I don't understand what it means that you will now get free patterns with the new update. I have MPD Pro and I don't have the ability to access any more patterns with the update. I confused!

Posts: 8 | Location: California | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Free patterns are included when you buy MPD,theyre called credits, and give you the amount you still have when updated.Smiler further credits are obtained when you want to buy more theyre called cherry picking.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Free patterns are included when you buy MPD,theyre called credits, and give you the amount you still have when updated. further credits are obtained when you want to buy more theyre called cherry picking.

Bunch of notes on this....

First, the new update has NOT been posted. It was in test all week and the announcement got rushed out before the weekend. But, the update it described is NOT up there yet. Should go up today, but we are still checking the install and some compatibility issues....

We are changing the offer of patterns that comes with MPD. Too many new people just did not understand or did not value the patterns of your choice option. We had endless questions about which patterns to start with, which to choose.

To make things simpler for the new buyer, we went back to the pre-selected pattern list model, where a designer chooses the basic set that everyone usually starts with. Those are now included (30 chosen patterns in MPD standard and 60 in Pro). The new offer on MPD includes one pattern of your choice from the menus. The price is the same (list and cross-grade).

Anyone that has purchased before gets to keep the credits they have AND they get the new patterns as well (as soon as that update is released!).

We hope this change will make the value of MPD easier for new buyers to understand and that it gives current owners a bit more than they already had. In those cases where you get a pattern number that is the same as one you already have, there will be no exchanges - just too complicated. And, the standard patterns have some limitations (some option choices already made and a few others excluded). So, the patterns purchased from the menus will have more features in any case.

We hope everyone will accept the extra patterns in the spirit of a gift. Even if you get 59 freebies instead of 60, you have to admit it was generous to get that without having to pay a cent.

Hope you all agree. Now, I have to get the update release into test again.....

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Free patterns are included when you buy MPD,theyre called credits, and give you the amount you still have when updated. further credits are obtained when you want to buy more theyre called cherry picking.

PLUS when the next update is released we are ADDING 30 patterns to standard and 60 patterns to PRO. Specially picked patterns including blouses, dress,s skirts, pants and even some outerwear!
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
We hope everyone will accept the extra patterns in the spirit of a gift. Even if you get 59 freebies instead of 60, you have to admit it was generous to get that without having to pay a cent.
Hope you all agree. Now, I have to get the update release into test again.....
DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

I am so glad to see this. I much prefer the interface of MPD and can now use it more without having to spend some of my credits on things I already own in DS. It appears to be a very nice selection. Thanks! Elsa

Posts: 70 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, now I'm confused, too. I appreciate the 60 patterns, however, I read my email and did the download before I looked on the discussion list. I still see 25 credits when I open MPD and it says version 1.02. Will the credits not change to reflect the 60 additional? If not, how do we know what the 60 patterns are? Did I download the update too soon and it is still not ready? Will we receive another email notification when it is ready? Confused

Margueritte
DS Pro with Fashion Designer 1&2, DS Fit Tool
MPD Pro

Posts: 30 | Registered: 20 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay, now I'm confused, too. I appreciate the 60 patterns, however, I read my email and did the download before I looked on the discussion list. I still see 25 credits when I open MPD and it says version 1.02. Will the credits not change to reflect the 60 additional? If not, how do we know what the 60 patterns are? Did I download the update too soon and it is still not ready? Will we receive another email notification when it is ready?

Credits are for patterns of your choice. These new patterns that come with MPD Standard and MPD Pro are not credits. Use File - Load Pattern. You should now see 2 new folders - MPD Pro Patterns and MPD Standard Patterns. If you own one of those, you can load, alter, resave, and print any pattern in those folders.

You can still spend your credits on other patterns, as before. But, these you just own outright, without picking and without spending any credits.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
Thank you! Smiler I found them. I have Pro, so is the Standard folder really just a subset of the Pro folder? In which case I need never open the Standard folder as all those patterns are also included in the Pro folder? I'm really looking forward to starting on these!

Margueritte
DS Pro with Fashion Designer 1&2, DS Fit Tool
MPD Pro

Posts: 30 | Registered: 20 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. its ready the 60 patetrns are included in your MY Pattern folder all you need to do is fgo to file, Load Patterns, and you will see a folder for which ever program you own
My Patetrns pro or standard ( pro gets all fo em)
click that line.they are broken down to blouses, skirts dress's etc.click any one or each and watch it draft in as many sizes/charts you ahev or wish to build.they are owned and in there.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q:I have Pro, so is the Standard folder really just a subset of the Pro folder?

A:yes - pro gets all 60, standard gets 30
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you! I found them. I have Pro, so is the Standard folder really just a subset of the Pro folder? In which case I need never open the Standard folder as all those patterns are also included in the Pro folder? I'm really looking forward to starting on these!

Yes. All of the standard patterns are included in Pro.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
Kaaren[/QUOTE]
I CANNOT believe this! 60 patterns INCLUDED! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You guys REALLY are the greatest!

Darlene / Orlando area
DS6Pro, MPD Pro, etc., etc., etc.

Posts: 60 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 25 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darlene Blount:
Kaaren

I CANNOT believe this! 60 patterns INCLUDED! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You guys REALLY are the greatest!

Darlene / Orlando area
DS6Pro, MPD Pro, etc., etc., etc.[/QUOTE]
We sure are spoiled brats to say the least GGGG.Im in absolute awe here with this new update!!! Thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post