Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pleats in pants
 Login/Join

posted
How do I specify more than 1 pleat in pants?

I have selected pleated semifitted and short dart, dart width 1.5, len 10, separation 2 but it still drafts 1 dart and 1 pleat.

The popup help when you put the cursor in separation says "desired spacing between pleats".

Jean

Posts: 50 | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two pleats- the optiopns include pleats and a dart or two short pleats. There is not an option for two long pleats/ Select your options using the Designer region Waist on Mia-then select which plet/dart/pleats options you like. There is a good reason 2 long ( full leg) pleats are not offered- as the grain gets twisted.
Ammended: No one forces you to sew a dart when you wish to use a release tuck or pleat. The take up amount may be "pleated" versus darted, The second "dart" may be folded out along the waist seam rather than stitched as a closed dart.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although your question is posted on the Dress Shop forum it sounds like you are running MPD. It is difficult to give a detailed answer without knowing what program and version you are using.

If you are running DS are you remembering to click on "redraft"? If you are running MPD are you remembering to click on "show me"?

Selma
DS educator
DSpro v7.2, MPDpro v2

Posts: 32 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry forgot to say I'm using DS.

I have looked for the 2 short pleat option but am still in the dark. The dart designer only shows 1 short or 1 long pleat even though you have a spot to specify distance between pleats.

Jean

Posts: 50 | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have looked for the 2 short pleat option but am still in the dark. The dart designer only shows 1 short or 1 long pleat even though you have a spot to specify distance between pleats.

The distance between pleats setting is for shoulder pleats, dress pleats, and patterns where a princess line disappears into pleats. All of those patterns can have multiple pleats. Dress Shop pants pleats do not use that setting. Sorry...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post