New
Find
Notify
Tools

Side Seam
 Login/Join

posted
Kaaren,

After taking my measurements and making up my sloper which fitted perfectly, except for the front side seam which didn't lie flat between the armhole and the bust dart which looked like this because of my large bust /. (If I was to draw a line straight up from the start of the dart to the armhole the gap at the armhole is about 1.5 ins). I posted the problem from the programme and the answer came back that I would perhaps have to true up the side seam without losing the bust width and they would ask you to perhaps do a class on this.

The only way I can think of doing this is to cut and spread then true up the side seam manually but I was wondering if this was possible within Dress Shop without having to do it on each pattern I produce? The reason I am asking without waiting for your class is that I need to start my sewing for a holiday I am taking in September. Hope you can help.

Annette

Posts: 2 | Location: united kigndom | Registered: 17 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Annette what with world wide time zones I hope you now have my Prob report reply with a revised chart. First I tweaked your chart a bit to adjust the side seam, and adjust the size of the dart the program gives you by rebalancing the front bust and high bust. Finally adjusting the abd and hip lines by changing floor to hip so you get a better waist to hip curve.. I also discussed pattern preparation - we have quite useable side seams for the average sewer but for those of us that want even more we have to consider that the program drafts the fronts to front numbers and the backs to back numbers. Those shapes are very different and the programs effort to smooth the side seams goes a long way towards excellence. When a person has a larger bust as in your case or bottom a little extra preparation goes a Long way.

Happy sewing and Have Fun!
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post