Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Color and Fabric on screen choices
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Color and Fabric on screen choices
 Login/Join

posted
Okay, last question for today. Can you add scanned images of your own fabrics to the fabric folder to display on the design screen?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 05 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay, last question for today. Can you add scanned images of your own fabrics to the fabric folder to display on the design screen?

Nope. We used to do this. In Dress Shop 7, the fabric color could be set to any shade and user scanned fabric samples could be put in as well. We found that:

1. Few people bothered. It got played with once or twice, then ignored.

2. The illustration art did not work well with all shades and all patterns. For instance, having a dark fabric would cause dart lines and princess lines to disappear. Better to see the design details than lose them in the fabric.

3. Inserting images of scanned fabrics found on the Internet was very hard and caused more frustration and complaints than satisfaction.

4. Scanning one's own fabrics was very, very hard and almost never produced satisfactory results.

I'm sure a few people used these features and perhaps even a couple enjoyed them. But, we usually would not hear from those. Most customers found these features frustrating. When we have features that only produce complaints, we remove them.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for your reply, it makes sense!

Posts: 6 | Registered: 05 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Irene,

Are you the one that went to Adrienne's house for a couple meetings & also at your house? If you are I've seen your name on here every so often.
It sure would be nice if somehow we could get together again.

I was the one that came down from Blairsville.
I now use the nickname of Bobbieann.
Are you loving all this heat. We went from winter to almost spring then into summer :~)

Toodles,
Bobbieann in N. E Ga.

Posts: 228 | Location: Somewhere, Arkansas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post