Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sailor collar
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, I am frantically finishing a sailor dress for granddaughter for Christmas. There are no sewing instructions for the collar, and no facing is included in the pattern. I looked on the internet but only find instructions for finishing with facing. Is there another site you can point me to, or give me instructions? Thank you!

Posts: 34 | Registered: 09 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
I cut 2 of the collar, line it leaving the neck open then apply it to neckline stitching the outside to neck, then hand stitching the inside.

Kaaren

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Kaaren! What do you mean by 'line it'? Do you mean stich the upper collar and under collar, leaving the neck open? Then turn rightside out and apply it to the neckline, etc.?

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
yep
kaaren

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

posted Hide Post
It worked! I would upload a pic but I can't figure out how. I see the URL designation but the pic is on my computer, not a website, so I think I need an upload/browse function! But it worked out, and next time I'll know. Thanks again.