Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    accuracy of patterns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

accuracy of patterns
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, I am considering purchasing dress shop pro, I wanted to ask for fedback as to the accuracy of the printed patterns. I have tried other pattern making software and have been disappointed with the fianl printed pattern being very inaccurate. Can anyone give me some feedback based on their experience with this software?
Thanks

Posts: 1 | Registered: 09 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,
I have DS Pro but I would advise you to buy the My Pattern Designer Pro. It is light years ahead of DS Pro. the print-outs are so much better in M P D. There was an update just recently that has really made this so much better than other programs. I never had any luck with the other softwears either.

Best of Luck,
Bobbieann in N. E. Georgia

Posts: 228 | Location: Somewhere, Arkansas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I searched all other programes,when i came across Livingsoft, I was impressed with its user friendly options.I too have DS Pro,and like bobbieann,I like MPD much better for patterns,once you have set up and got the proper measurements in,then theres no stopping you making whatever your heart desires.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would also advise anyone considering a new purchase to go with My Pattern Designer. I loved Dress Shop, and the actual pattern lines were very accurate - but I often had to "true" the seam allowances. I have found that I need to true the seam allowances much, much less using My Pattern Designer. (In fact hardly at all) It's just a superior product all around in my opinion! And since they gave us the ability to import all of our Dress Shop patterns into My Pattern Designer....I'm just in heaven!

Michelle G.
MPD 3.05 Pro
Dress Shop Pro 9.08
Windows 7

Posts: 62 | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi - and welcome!
I own and use both DS Pro and MPD Pro. You get from pattern-drafting software what you're willing to put in: if you get good measurements and prove them with slopers, you'll almost surely have fine clothes to wear, in your choice of styles and colors and materials. We have a small but active users' group here in the Philadelphia area; having others who can check measurements, assess results, and generally encourage you is a major plus. I have a great wardrobe of made-to-measure clothes that look well on me and make me very happy to wear. Jump right in...

Marj in Southeastern PA
DS Pro everything
MPD Pro current

Posts: 220 | Location: zipcode: 19087 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post