Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is Live Cloud
 Login/Join

posted
For anyone trying to post to the Livingsoft forums today, you will run into a requirement to register yourself with Live Cloud. It can be very difficult to log in to this new service. Neither Livingsoft nor MPD have anything to do with Live Cloud, so the difficulties with signing in are not anything we can do anything about. But, I'll tell you what little I know.

First, a web service called Groupee.net hosts the Livingsoft forums. If you get forum posts, you have provided Groupee.net your email address and password to create an account there. They have that information now, but they want you to provide it again so you know about their Live Cloud service. I do not know much about Live Cloud, but the Groupee web page on the subject is here: www.LiveCloud.com

Live Cloud does not appear to be anything bad, just clumsily launched. If you can login, you can continue to use these forums. I suspect that Groupee will clean up their mess shortly and this will all work better. Until then....

When you try to post, you will be prompted to agree to Live Cloud's terms of service. There is a check box to check to agree. It does not work, so don't bother. Click on the Terms of Service link instead. There, you will be prompted to enter you Groupee email address and password. If you do that, you will go to some password confirmation page and be stuck there in an infinite loop, entering your password again and again.

I got out by running an IE browser separately, deleting all cookies, then using the Live Cloud password confirmation page again, asking that the information be saved. Then, just shut it all down and try to go to the forum again. That time it worked. Apparently that password confirmation page saved my password into on my own computer and that let me get into Groupee again.

I do not know if my experience will be shared by others and I do hope that Groupee cleans up their act soon. For now, though, we shall make do as best we can....

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post