New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tiered skirt again.
 Login/Join

posted
Hello

Thanks for your reply Carolyn re sewing the tiered skirt together. I now have another question. I can only find the front pattern piece. Is this because the front and back pattern pieces are the same.

Thanks again.

Posts: 16 | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no side seam. What you have is 2 (or more) pieces of fabric that are to be gathered one onto the other, with a seam in the back.

In order to make the skirt with these pattern pieces, you will have to cut on the lengthwise grain.

That being said, you can also cut the pieces on the cross grain, which will probably take less fabric. In that case, you will have to seam several pieces together to get the needed length for each tier.

I think if you look at these skirts in the store you will see that there are seams in the tiers. The seams in one layer will not match the seams in adjacent tiers.

There really is no magic formula for this type of skirt. The amount of gathering can vary according to the fabric and your personal preference. It's just a series of rectangles sewn together and gathered.

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post