New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dress Shop to MPD
 Login/Join

<Arizona Kathy>
posted
I 'think' one can now move DS designs into MPD.

Is this possible. I think I maxed out at Version 6 of Dress shop when my life fell apart.

What is the cost to get to 7 so I can take advantage of what I 'think' I'm getting.

I 'think' I'm able to design a garmet and bring it into MPD to modify.

If not I can just work with both programs as I learn all of this again. I still like Dress Shop for the Doll abilities.

Is there an article, or newsletters I can read that will explain this?

Could I call someone to talk me through my options?

Any and all comments welcomed.

Kathy B

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Livingsoftnw.com

Go to the DressShop home pages and see on the upper right the upgrade offers. Upgrading to DS 7 will allow you to export your DS Ptterns into MPD where you can import (load) them from the file menu.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Arizona Kathy>
posted
Thanks, I found the upgrade info. Is it safe to assume that any patterns I bring in will still be drafted DS way? Or will the patterns automatically how should I say, 'correct' themselves to draft via MPD rules. I'm thinking specifically of the differences in how the 2 programs draft sleeves.

THank you so much for your help.

Kathy B in aZ

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks, I found the upgrade info. Is it safe to assume that any patterns I bring in will still be drafted DS way? Or will the patterns automatically how should I say, 'correct' themselves to draft via MPD rules. I'm thinking specifically of the differences in how the 2 programs draft sleeves.

Once imported into MPD the patterns will draft with the MPD drafting rules and logic. Those are very similar to Dress Shop, but there are certainly differences. If you want the identical Dress Shop fit, you will need to print the patterns using Dress Shop.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Arizona Kathy>
posted
Thank you for the correct assumption. Have been away for so long from sewing that I have no fit at the moment. I'm used to the screens on DS, but know that many improvements have been made in fit and drafting.

Nice to know I can have the best of both worlds. I just sent in my upgrade to 7 pro order.

Thanks for the help

Kathy B in AZ

posted Hide Post
When the imported DS pattern is loaded it will draaft to MPD rules and code
Kaarebn

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post