Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Ease Amounts in Fit Tool
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ease Amounts in Fit Tool
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I know this has been discussed before, but I need to ask again.

Why is there a difference between the ease amounts shown in the fit tool and the ease amounts displayed on the pattern?

Which is the correct ease amount?

Thanks,

Sandi

DressShop Pro 7.02a, MPD Pro 3 Version 3.01, Unlimited Womens Collection, Complete Pants Designer, Fashion Designer I & II, Fit Tool, Princess Designer, Ultimate Pants, Essential Lingerie, Ultimate Outerwear, Spring and Summer Collection 2005, Sew Quick Summer Casuals, Hat Shop, Home Dec, EPSON Workforce 1100 wide bed printer, Windows Vista and Windows 7

Posts: 58 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The amounts in the ease tool are computed amounts applies to the block which may alr5eady have some values in there.

Seams that attach to each other are drafted many times after the intial numebrs as fronts and back draft separatly according to the numbers.

The lines are redrawn often adding ease ( especially at waist) so there are no sharp angles and so that front and backs can sew together

you can attach a back waist to a front waist with very different shapes ie: <}

thats called collateral ease.

this is addressed in the newbie classes.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SandiC:
Why is there a difference between the ease amounts shown in the fit tool and the ease amounts displayed on the pattern?

If you view a pattern with the sloper OR the reference lines displayed on, you get bad(/incorrect) numbers in the Fit Tool.

Display the Reference Lines and Amounts and note the ease numbers.
Turn reference lines off and go into the Fit Tool. You will see the numbers now match those you noted.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: InspiredSewing,

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are NOT "bad" numbers.but rather what the program calculates for you for that fit level of garment PRIOR to smoothing.

You may adjust those numbers UP or down to mdeliver exactly the level of ease you desire.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The point is the amounts are pre smoothing or collateral ease.the calculated starting amounts.

Then collateral ease and the "smoothing" takes place.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
Sandi, thanks for asking this question; it had me confused, too.

Kaaren and Tessa, what would we do without you both? I do appreciate all the help you both so generously provide. Off to download the update.... Smiler

Sue W.
DS6.11, Illusions, Fashion Designer 1, Ult. Outerwear, Fit Tool, Essential Lingerie/Activewear, All pattern sets through #1046, Add-ons #9, #10, #14

Posts: 13 | Location: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post