Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fitted Panel Blouse
 Login/Join

posted
I am using DressShop Pro 6.09 to draft a fitted panel blouse. I have a good sloper and have made fitted and casual garments in both fitted shirt and shoulder princess styles with good resutls. My first attempt at a muslim for this style produced a very large armhole and much more ease around the bust than I have experienced in other fitted garments. I tried to remedy the armhole situation by raising the armhole depth from 6 to 5.625. This made the armhole smaller, but the garment clearly needs at least 2" removed from the back bust area. Does this pattern require altering your measurements dramatically in order for it to fit? I did notice that the differential between the front and back armhole measurements are much different than on fitted garments.The program usually balances about 1.16" on all sleeve styles except for panel designs and armhole princess styles. Should I be developing another set of measurements for this design and adjusting the side seam on panel designs to achieve a 1" difference in the back sleeve length? Or should I just be adjusting back ease by 2" rather than adjusting measurements to get the panel style to fit?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found the same thing when testing the panel surplice dress. I could pinch out 3" on each side of the armscye.

I compared it to the shell with no darts. The armscye in the panel dress was lower and much roomier horizontally. Since the new dress is sleeveless, the armscye should have been higher.

I will be interested in seeing if anyone else experiences this or if it is just for a select few of us.

Carolyn

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carolyn:
I found the same thing when testing the panel surplice dress. I could pinch out 3" on each side of the armscye.

I will be interested in seeing if anyone else experiences this or if it is just for a select few of us.

Carolyn

I found this with the panel jacket. The sleeve was smaller than the armhole instead of the other way ound. i understood from post that it had been reported and would be corrsected in the update so I didn't send a problem report and decided to make a different style of jacket. It hasn't been corrected so perhaps I should send in a report.
marge UK

Posts: 237 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post