Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    reinstallation problems
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

reinstallation problems
 Login/Join

<JulieSews>
posted
Good morning all -

After several months absence for home remodeling and with a brand new computer, I'm trying to get my DS back up and running. I'm a long time DS user, just coming off a lengthy absence.

After a false start loading the program from the DS5 CD and then installing the subsequent 6.11 upgrade and 6.13 update, I found it did not recognize the new program. After consulting with another local user, I uninstalled (using Add/Remove programs) all versions. Remnants apparently remained so I searched using Explorer for all DS5 and DS6 files and deleted them, emptied the recycle bin and rebooted. I even deleted the saved download files. When I try again to install the 6.11 master, I get a message that the program has found a previous version of the program and the install is aborted.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Julie Pierce

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<LivingSoft Support>
posted
quote:
I get a message that the program has found a previous version of the program and the install is aborted.

Hi Julie,

I will send you a file and complete instructions on how to correct this and get you back up and sewing.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Good morning all -

After several months absence for home remodeling and with a brand new computer, I'm trying to get my DS back up and running. I'm a long time DS user, just coming off a lengthy absence.

After a false start loading the program from the DS5 CD and then installing the subsequent 6.11 upgrade and 6.13 update, I found it did not recognize the new program. After consulting with another local user, I uninstalled (using Add/Remove programs) all versions. Remnants apparently remained so I searched using Explorer for all DS5 and DS6 files and deleted them, emptied the recycle bin and rebooted. I even deleted the saved download files. When I try again to install the 6.11 master, I get a message that the program has found a previous version of the program and the install is aborted.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Julie Pierce

Hi Julie,

The message about a previous version being installed should only be given if it finds a previous later version. So, the 6.13 update you installed would be suspect. Are you sure you uninstalled the update as well as the upgrade?

If you did and you still have the problem, then your system registry did not get fully cleaned out. That's hard to fix. But, there is another option. Just yesterday we posted a 6.13 download master. I know its a pain to download another humongous file. But, if you do, it will install on top of anything you have there. So, whatever is left over, this master will over-write it.

PeggySue now has the CD version of this master, too. It is not yet in mass production, but she can do hand-burns in limited numbers. If you don't want to do the big download, get in touch with her at support@LivingsoftNW.com for a CD version.

All I can think to suggest...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<JulieSews>
posted
A Huge Thanks to Peggy Sue, who sent me the registry clean-up file to solve my problem!! I am now back in business with just a mammoth learning curve to catch me up with all the improvements since last summer!! Guess what I'll be doing the next several days!! Super Thanks - what a great support staff!!