New
Find
Notify
Tools

Redraft?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi

I am trying to reload Dress Shop 5, and cannot get the normal screen and Mia to display. All I get is a box at the top of the scrren that says "redraft".

My anti-virus is off, and I believe I've reset all the Explorer options back to defaults, but every time I reload, I get the same thing.

Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know how to solve it? I'm running Windows ME, but I forget the version of Explorer (and it doesn't tell me under "about Explorer!), but it's an older version.

Thanks a bunch!

Carol

Posts: 6 | Location: Carmel, ME | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am trying to reload Dress Shop 5, and cannot get the normal screen and Mia to display. All I get is a box at the top of the scrren that says "redraft".

My anti-virus is off, and I believe I've reset all the Explorer options back to defaults, but every time I reload, I get the same thing.

Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know how to solve it? I'm running Windows ME, but I forget the version of Explorer (and it doesn't tell me under "about Explorer!), but it's an older version.

This is an installation problem that customer support could help you with. Please contact support@LivingsoftNW.com.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carol,
I have had the same problem for months and we have not been able to determine the source after many hours of trying. At this time, I have been without my DS for two months and am wanting desparately wanting to sew. No, I have not given up and gone to the Big 4, but I am getting anxious. Somewhere in the "bowels" of the computer is the solution, but I am just not savvy enough to fix it. Evidently some combination of something I have and something DS has has not been a good match. I just don't know. We have uninstalled and reinstalled dozens of times, but there is something hidden that we haven't found. If this continues, you might try installing Registryfix.com to help you find it. Computer experts - do you agree?

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a problem quite a while back that sounds similar to yours. It's been so long that I can't remember exactly what was happening, but I remember that I could not see Mia or any other pictures or buttons. What fixed mine was a setting in Internet Explorer. I don't know if this will help you or not but maybe it's worth a look. In Internet Explorer click on Tools then Internet Options then the advanced tab and there in the list is a setting "show images" it should be check marked. This was an older version of Explorer, I looked on my new computer and it's there too but the box is "show Pictures". I am definatly not a computer expert...it took me hours to "stumble" on this to fix mine. I hope this helps.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
please contact customer support
[URL=customer support]support@LivingsoftNW.com[/URL]

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everyone, for your responses. I contacted Support at LivingSoft months ago, and never received an response. That's why I'm now on the discussion group hoping someone has the answer.

I will try the suggestions of the Explorer settings or Registryfix, and let you know how it goes!

Thanks again.

Carol

Posts: 6 | Location: Carmel, ME | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<LivingSoft Support>
posted
Hi Carol,

Please be sure that you have updated your address book to support@livingsoftnw.com

Because the support@livingsoft.com address has not been valid for months, email sent to that address will never be received.

If you will contact me directly, I will send you the file that you need to correct the Redraft problem.

PeggySue
Tech Support

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
try support@livingsoftnw.com
the address changed and you might have sent to the old addy.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LivingSoft Support:
Hi Carol,

Please be sure that you have updated your address book to support@livingsoftnw.com

Because the support@livingsoft.com address has not been valid for months, email sent to that address will never be received.

If you will contact me directly, I will send you the file that you need to correct the Redraft problem.

PeggySue
Tech Support

Hi Peggy

I believe I went in through the link on the Living Soft site, but maybe it was just at that point of the change-over.

How do I contact you directly? Just to the tech support address?

Carol

<LivingSoft Support>
posted
How do I contact you directly? Just to the tech support address?

Hi Carol,

Yep, support@livingsoftnw.com will get you connected to me. Smiler

PeggySue
Tech Support

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi

I have sent emails via two different systems, and I hope you will get one of them. They keep bouncing back.

The file doesn't seem to cure the problem. I get "sucess" when I run it, but I still have the "redraft" screen.

Carol

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have sent emails via two different systems, and I hope you will get one of them. They keep bouncing back.

The file doesn't seem to cure the problem. I get "sucess" when I run it, but I still have the "redraft" screen.

I'm sorry, but the email address that you use in this forum is not in the MPD or Livingsoft accounts. If you wish a response, you need to let us know who you are. Please send email to support@LivingsoftNW.com and include either your full name or the email address that you used to register your product. We cannot help you otherwise.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi

Have gotten my account straightened out, and updated the version of Explorer. However, now what I get is a white box with no words in it (instead of "redraft"). Does anyone know if this is an Explorer settings problem, or have any more suggestions?

Thanks.

CarolD