New
Find
Notify
Tools

Returning to DS
 Login/Join

posted
Hi ,

I have not used Dress Shop in a few years...my version is 6.19. I'm hoping to get back to sewing soon. If I upgrade to Ver.8 do I need to uninstall this older version? I also have many updates ( from DS 5 to 6.19) on my computer. These take up almost a GB of space. Can these be removed prior to installing Ver.8?

Looking forward to hearing from you. Smiler

Juchal

Dress Shop Deluxe 6.14
Fashion Designer
Pattern Set 1022

Posts: 5 | Location: Newfoundland, Canada | Registered: 21 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi-
First- all updates write over the top of the prior version so they really are not taking up all that much space. There is no need to uninstall prior versions but theres nothing stopping you.

Ds8 can stand alone and all your activations for all collections/patterns will be retrieved on your program.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have not used Dress Shop in a few years...my version is 6.19. I'm hoping to get back to sewing soon. If I upgrade to Ver.8 do I need to uninstall this older version? I also have many updates ( from DS 5 to 6.19) on my computer. These take up almost a GB of space. Can these be removed prior to installing Ver.8?

You can install Dress Shop 8 on top of all the prior builds and it will work. Or, you can uninstall all the old Dress Shop builds and updates and then install Dress Shop 8 and that will work, also.

The updates do not take up the space that the Windows unistaller suggests. They each contain later versions of the same files, so all of them put together take up exactly the same space that the latest full install takes up. Basically, the udpates do not really take up any space at all. So, remove them or not, it will make little difference other than to reduce the list in your uninstaller.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post