Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Jeans, Jeans and More Jeans
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeans, Jeans and More Jeans
 Login/Join

posted
Several of us have made jeans using our DressShop jeans pattern for a basis to assure a great fit, and overlaying the DS pattern with a Vogue Calvin Klein pattern. What we got was a pair of jeans with a beautiful fit plus detailing the same as Calvin Klein jeans.

We learned to do this in a workshop taught by Dean Snow and Terry Jerden.

Pictures are being posted on Kaaren's club page under pants and slacks, Jeans, Jeans and More Jeans.

Caroline

Posts: 16 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are making jeans, you might want to check out the latest issue of Vogue Patterns magazine.

It has a great article on customizing jeans, inserting the fly zipper, threads to use, etc.

Nancy

Posts: 34 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking jeans--thank you for posting pictures!
Elizabeth

DS: all; MPD
XP sp2, IE6, HP7960

Posts: 34 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sewfancy:
If you are making jeans, you might want to check out the latest issue of Vogue Patterns magazine.

It has a great article on customizing jeans, inserting the fly zipper, threads to use, etc.

Nancy

Nancy,
Can you give us the exact issue date for this magazine.
Thanks,
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Anna R>
posted
I just saw the pictures of the jeans you ladys made. I wish I could have went to that workshop.Everybody needs a good fitting pair of jean.I wish I could find a workshop in my neighborhood.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Caroline:
Several of us have made jeans using our DressShop jeans pattern for a basis to assure a great fit, and overlaying the DS pattern with a Vogue Calvin Klein pattern. What we got was a pair of jeans with a beautiful fit plus detailing the same as Calvin Klein jeans.

We learned to do this in a workshop taught by Dean Snow and Terry Jerden.

Pictures are being posted on Kaaren's club page under pants and slacks, Jeans, Jeans and More Jeans.

Caroline

Posts: 147 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow what beautiful jeans! They are really great! Good job gals!

Posts: 147 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jane. We really enjoyed making the jeans but the best part was in putting them on and finding a perfect fit!!

Caroline

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Caroline:
Thanks Jane. We really enjoyed making the jeans but the best part was in putting them on and finding a perfect fit!!

Caroline

Carolyn,
would you mind telling me the pattern number for Calvin Klein Jeans as I am unable to locate it.
Thanks,
Tris

DS9, plus extras

Posts: 28 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Carolyn,
would you mind telling me the pattern number for Calvin Klein Jeans as I am unable to locate it.
Thanks,
Tris"

Tris,

Each of us found and used a Vogue Calvin Klein 2442 pattern. These are no longer available from Vogue but show up on e-bay frequently. It helps to have a size close to what you wear but not essential since you are going to use the DS as your basic pattern.

THere is one on e-bay now but the seller is asking $10. Keep watching. I bought two and only paid $1.99 for one of them. The other I paid more but that was before I knew to keep watching and others would show up.

We found the Vogue instructions essential to getting the Calvin Klein details correct. We taped or merged the DS and the Vogue patterns.

good luck!

Caroline

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LindaF: Can you give us the exact issue date for this magazine.
Vogue Patterns magazine, October/November 2005. GOOD JEANS: Kathryn Brenne eplains how to stitch up a pair of jeans with authentic details--and express our unique sense of style. POCKET PANACHE: Eight creative pocket designs sure to improve your rear view by Kathryn Brenne. http://tinyurl.com/73eyd

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Vogue Patterns magazine, October/November 2005. GOOD JEANS: Kathryn Brenne eplains how to stitch up a pair of jeans with authentic details--and express our unique sense of style. POCKET PANACHE: Eight creative pocket designs sure to improve your rear view by Kathryn Brenne. http://tinyurl.com/73eyd

Thank you Diane. I had been so busy that I forgot I asked this question.
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carolyn,
Thanks for the pattern Number. I'll keep a watch on Ebay.
I can't wait to have a proper pair of jeans that fit me without cutting me to pieces or bagging in the wrong places.

Thanks again,
Tris

DS9, plus extras

Posts: 28 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post