Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Son's Halloween costuem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Son's Halloween costuem
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,
I just posted a review of my son's Halloween costume on http://www.patternreview.com. You can join for free for a month or so. The actual link (although I don't know if it will work) is: http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/readreview.pl?r...ew=1&reviewnum=11232 He wanted to be a blue dragon. I made it using the standard kids measurements (child, size 3) and modified the chest (bust), waist and hip to fit him. I widened and needed to lower the front neckline, but the standard measurements were a great starting point. I used a semi-fitted jumpsuit pattern. I used Butterick ($ 0.99 pattern for the inspiration for the hood, scales and tail. He is just thrilled and wants to sleep in it.

Laura

Posts: 15 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Laura that sounds lovely, bless him wanting to sleep in it Smilerkids are so cute.Its lovely to see them with costumes Mom's have made too.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well done Laura. That is so creative and it looks really great.
I loved the part in your review about him 'translating' for his 10 mo brother to be a green dragon. Their little imaginations are adorable.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Laurasews:
I just posted a review of my son's Halloween costume
Adorable, Laura, nice job! I don't blame GS for wanting to sleep in it, with polar fleece PJ's you wouldn't have to worry about him kicking covers off during the night. Clicked on some other links at the URL you provided and was amazed at the number of people who use the same model older sewing machines I use.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for looking at my son's costume and all of the nice comments. Llantrisant - I look forward to seeing pictures. Diane - Patternreview.com is a great website. A wealth of information there. Spend some time if you can.

Laura

Posts: 15 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post