Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Pants Inseam Ease Default--Missing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pants Inseam Ease Default--Missing
 Login/Join

posted
Currently I don't see the established 1/2" ease default in the back inseam -- at least not on the fitted pants, slim fit pants, or jeans where I certainly expected to see it. It is present, however, in the sloper.

Was there a reason for this ... or are there plans to bring it back in a future update?

DSPro 6.14 (w/patch a) ... Fashion Designer 1&2, Fit Tool, Princess Designer
Activewear II, Spring/Summer 2005, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants
Add-Ons 1-14, Pattern Sets 1044-46, 1049-52
Windows XP

Posts: 126 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gayle:
Currently I don't see the established 1/2" ease default in the back inseam -- at least not on the fitted pants, slim fit pants, or jeans where I certainly expected to see it. It is present, however, in the sloper.

Was there a reason for this ... or are there plans to bring it back in a future update?

sorry, responding to my own post -- I just checked the archives and on Sept 9 Bob said this was a bug and would be fixed in a future update ... so I guess it got missed

BTW my measurement set is clearly checked as a woman's and I do not own the Menswear package.

But I do hope that this default will return in the future.

Activewear II, Spring/Summer 2005, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants
Windows XP

Posts: 126 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Using fit or ease tool whichever you ownwhen the setting reads 0 and you desire inseam ease enter 0.5 and redraft.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
Using fit or ease tool whichever you ownwhen the setting reads 0 and you desire inseam ease enter 0.5 and redraft.
Kaaren

Thanks, Kaaren. Yes, I know how to get it -- it's just important for anyone who is used to it being a default be aware that this is no longer automatically part of fitted pants drafts.

And I am sure that I will forget at least once before I print out and cut a pattern to include this step. Since it's been default ever since I owned the software (from DS Lite 4.0 several years ago) this is something we've been trained to expect.

Funny that it is default on the sloper, though.

Windows XP