Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Weskit blouse -- fit level?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weskit blouse -- fit level?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm trying to design a new blouse.

I like the fitted silhouette on my body shape and was thinking about trying the Weskit (under Fitted Blouses).

Does it really truly fit like a fitted blouse? There are no darts, either bust or waist.

Guess this will have to have a muslin before I cut into my fashion fabric.

Can anyone share their experience with this blouse?

Gayle

DSPro 6.14 (w/patch a) ... Fashion Designer 1&2, Fit Tool, Princess Designer
Activewear II, Spring/Summer 2005, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants
Add-Ons 1-14, Pattern Sets 1044-46, 1049-52
Windows XP

Posts: 126 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gayle,
Did you see the Comfort armhole weskit blouse?
That may give you a little bit more shaping, but it is comfort fit, so that means not as much as fitted.

But you could try fiddling with it under the fit tool and see if you can can make it more fitted by selecting casual, standard or no design ease at all.
Let us know how it comes out, I thought of that blouse this morning myself.
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1 -- testing the highlight/reply feature -- I highlighted text in my email version before I hit "reply to post." I don't see that in this screen so will be interested to see if it appears in final post.

Ok -- the weskit -- no I didn't see the comfort armhole because I was looking for something fitted. That one does work w/my measurements but none of the other fits of princess work with the weskit. I think something about my waist/ab/hip ratio causes the princess seam at ab level in the front to creat a jagged seam.

To the "Fitted Blouse - Weskit" I can add any of the side bust darts and that's where I'm going to play with it. I just thought that any fitted blouse that wasn't a knit pattern (or at least I don't see any knit % attached to this one) would have at least bust if not waist darts built in to the default.

At least I'm learning what to look for beforeI print my pattern, true my seams, cut fabric, sew garment, and am surprised/disappointed in the final fit. Wink

Activewear II, Spring/Summer 2005, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants
Windows XP

Posts: 126 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
highlighted text in my email version before I hit "reply to post." I don't see that in this screen so will be interested to see if it appears in final post.

well that answers that question -- if I wait until I am on the groupee website and highlight text from a previous post, then that appears as the quoted material in my reply. If you think text you highlight in an email is going to show in the reply, it doesn't

not a problem if all you do is read posts on the groupee site, but if you're reading in email only, you really need to have that quote show to give you context to the reply

Windows XP

<Cathy>
posted
Gayle,

I think there is a weskit blouse pic in the club page under outfits. It was adorable an adorable outfit. You might check there and e-mail whomever made it (E.Pope?) I believe, and ask her if she made any adjustments.

CAthy

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
weskit blouse pic in the club page under outfits. It was adorable an adorable outfit. You might check there and e-mail whomever made it (E.Pope?) I believe, and ask her if she made any adjustments.

Thanks, Cathy -- will do!

Gayle

posted Hide Post
Gayle,
I see, you cannot add a dart on Mia, but if you have the dart tool you can, cool!
I get the zigzag on the armhole weskit too when I start to change fit levels, but I am going to pencil it out. Also I would like to try a shoulder princess weskit. Give us an inch and we will take the mile!

Now about the length. I believe that the weskit is drafted to end right at the waist level. I just checked on mine and it does. The good news is that you can adjust the length in options and it will adjust at the waist level to extend it leaving the points intact. So you may want to fiddle with that. Personally I would like to see this fall in the 1-2" range below my waist, but not too far down. Maybe if you make a "test" garment, you can make it longer and then take up to what you want and adjust the length from there.
Good luck and I want to see a photo!
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gayle:
I like the fitted silhouette on my body shape and was thinking about trying the Weskit (under Fitted Blouses). Does it really truly fit like a fitted blouse? There are no darts, either bust or waist.
Gayle

Gayle, if you're looking for a fitted "weskit" type blouse with darts you might like the hanky hem blouse that was a free pattern in the August 2004 newsletter. The link for the pattern is
http://www.livingsoftnw.com/newsletter/FreePatterns/August2004.htm
You can see it made up in white at this link. Scroll down near the bottom and look for picture titled "top and pants."
http://www.livingsoftnw.com/Album2/Daywear_Pix/index.htm
- Diane

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
if you're looking for a fitted "weskit" type blouse with darts you might like the hanky hem blouse that was a free pattern in the August 2004 newsletter. The link for the pattern is
http://www.livingsoftnw.com/newsletter/FreePatterns/August2004.htm
You can see it made up in white at this link. Scroll down near the bottom and look for picture titled "top and pants."
http://www.livingsoftnw.com/Album2/Daywear_Pix/index.htm

That's it! Thanks, Diane. I'd forgotten that was where to look for it but I thought I'd remembered seeing it once upon a time.

Maybe this is the pattern that needs to be in our menu under Fitted Blouses instead of the one that is there.

Thanks, again.

Windows XP

posted Hide Post
The weskit is designed FROM a standard fitted block. There are no fitting darts so the effect is a casual or "relaxed" fit.

The darts depending on user could not be controlled closely enough to keep the point and center on grain.

YOU CAN go to the dart tool and get a sucessful BACK waist dart! However, the front dart will be the upper portion of the double fisheye, so while not blacked out in the tool, its NOT EFFECTIVE on the front.

If you insert small ties in the side seam that aim towards the back you Can tie or buckle or button the ties to draw in the back of the blouse which is a really cute option.

It should probably be moved to the casual fit level menu but the shoulder to bust level fit as well as sleeve fit is "fitted"

Layers within layers.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The weskit is designed FROM a standard fitted block. There are no fitting darts so the effect is a casual or "relaxed" fit.

The darts depending on user could not be controlled closely enough to keep the point and center on grain.

YOU CAN go to the dart tool and get a sucessful BACK waist dart! However, the front dart will be the upper portion of the double fisheye, so while not blacked out in the tool, its NOT EFFECTIVE on the front.

If you insert small ties in the side seam that aim towards the back you Can tie or buckle or button the ties to draw in the back of the blouse which is a really cute option.

It should probably be moved to the casual fit level menu but the shoulder to bust level fit as well as sleeve fit is "fitted"

Layers within layers.

Thanks, Karen. This is exactly the type of description that I would like to see with every pattern that is released as part of a collection. The more information we know about the current draft, the better we can make decisions and select options to get where we want to go.

These are things that only the original designer would know since "starting block" info isn't included anywhere -- or is it?

Windows XP

posted Hide Post
highlighted text in my email version before I hit "reply to post." I don't see that in this screen so will be interested to see if it appears in final post
--------\
highlight, right click copy, reply to post paste....

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
highlight, right click copy, reply to post paste....

Kaaren, that's why your posts don't set off the quote with the lines the same way this one does -- Groupee doesn't recognize the quote

I'm learning to work within the Groupee system so that my posts make sense to those reading on the list and only digests in email

Gayle