Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pleats
 Login/Join

posted
I am very seriously considering purchasing Dess Shop Pro. Can anyone tell me if there are options to make pleated skirts and also if you could inset pleats into a dress with princess style seams? Also any input into the ease of using the software would be appreciated. Oh, and also - can you copy a pattern to a CD & take it to a print shop to have the pattern printed out without having to tape pages together? Thanks

Posts: 61 | Registered: 22 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am very seriously considering purchasing Dess Shop Pro. Can anyone tell me if there are options to make pleated skirts and also if you could inset pleats into a dress with princess style seams? Also any input into the ease of using the software would be appreciated. Oh, and also - can you copy a pattern to a CD & take it to a print shop to have the pattern printed out without having to tape pages together? Thanks

There are options to add vents, box pleats, kick pleats, or godets to any dress or skirt. These can be added to side seams, center seams, gore lines, or princess seams.

You cannot copy a pattern to be printed elsewhere. But, you can print your pattern to a PDF file (a generic document printing format popularized by Adobe) and send that to a printer for them to print on a single sheet.

To do that, go to the web page below and get the free Primo PDF program. Use the green "Download Now" button to download it, then install it. Thereafter, whenever you run any program (including Dress Shop) and you print anything (including a pattern), one of your printer options will be "Primo PDF". Select that as your printer and the pattern will print to a PDF file which you can email or hand deliver to Kinko's or some other printing company that has wide carriage printers.

The link to get Primo PDF is:

http://download.cnet.com/Primo...8497_4-10264577.html

Hope that helps...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for your prompt reply. That did help. I'm saving up and I can't wait to get Dress Shop - it looks so cool!

Posts: 61 | Registered: 22 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post