Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    eight gore skirt with godets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

eight gore skirt with godets
 Login/Join

posted
Please let me know if I understand the skirt layout and construction. I noticed that when I printed out my eight gore skirt with godets, the front is bigger than the back-I assume it means I am as well, correct LOL???? I need to cut four front gores and four back gores and eight godets? Godets are inserted in every other gore panel so that the finish is gore-godet-gore-godet-gore, etc.-----Denise

Posts: 82 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you selected 8 panels- there are 8 seams, a godet is inserted at each seam. 8 godets, the godet between panel 1 and 8 complete the circle.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just an added tip - make sure your godets are tall enough to not just be a little flip at hem.
If the skirt is midi length you want the godet to come to at least above knee.if the skirt is shorter you want the godet taller- to at least mid or even high thigh. Balance the godet height to the skirts length. Since I am short and wear my skirts just below knee its imperative I add height to the godet. default is 6 inches- I generally use at least 8.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BTW, the skirt came out beautifully!----Densie

Posts: 82 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outsanding- would love to see a photo!
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com