New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thank you DS8!
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,
I just wanted to express my thanks and enthusiasm for the latest release of DS8. This program has combined the best of both worlds for me. I've always liked the MPD interface and fit but did balk a bit at buying patterns so similar to the ones I already bought in Dress Shop. The DS pattern import option didn't contain all the choices for the patterns I owned with Dress Shop. Now I can have it all - Dress Shop, Doll Shop (I'm going to be a grandmother for the first time!) and with the MPD interface. I am certainly looking forward to new things being offered for Dress Shop and am considering switching to the Ultimate option when it's ready. I've had Dress Shop since the mid 90's and have enjoyed watching it improve and grow. Thanks Bob for a great release!!
Val

Posts: 1 | Registered: 29 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK I'll bite. What is the Ultimate option you mentioned. Inquiring minds need to know. :>Wink

Posts: 17 | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK I'll bite. What is the Ultimate option you mentioned. Inquiring minds need to know.

She's referring to the Dress Shop Ultimate Suite. You can find it on the Livingsoft web site's store page, below all the collections. It includes every collection, tool, and pattern in Dress Shop, for those that want it all!

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently upgraded to the Ultimate Suite. Like you Val, I wasn't happy with the loss of choices when I exported patterns to MPD. DS has so many options that I chose to remain with Dress Shop Pro. With the Ultimate Suite my pattern choices are sky high. Another reason I decides to stay with Dress Shop rather than switch, is that all my prior purchases are credited toward the cost of the Ultimate Suite. I am sewwwww happy with my choice. The Utimate Suite is perfect for me.

Posts: 55 | Location: Alamosa, Colorado | Registered: 01 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will the Ultimate Suite eventually include the pants customizer so it can remain ULTIMATE?

Posts: 17 | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will the Ultimate Suite eventually include the pants customizer so it can remain ULTIMATE?

Absolutely. And, since you mentioned the Pants Customizer - we had intended to release that tomorrow, but will slide that a few days. Our final testing on it was totally disrupted by the strange reports we were getting from that full build having two DLLs (drafting modules) in it. Now that has been corrected (I'm testing the revised full build master now), we can get back on releasing the Pants Customizer. We'll need a few days to make up for the lost time, so look for it early next week.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post