Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Swim Suit Construction
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swim Suit Construction
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

I need help, hopefully instructions, to assemble the bikini.

Also, should I have pattern pieces for the straps?

Andrea Lepley
Page Long
Autumn Brooke Fine Dressmaking
abdressmaking@sbcglobal.net
DS Pro, Fit Tool, FD 1&2, essential lingerie, Princess Tool

Posts: 8 | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Construct the cups, then add the bridge, add the band ( which may be narrower!) such as similiar to the straps you use for the top.

you can use purchased straps,rattail,depends if you want a string bikini or simply bikini.. etc etc or make your own which can be turned tubes or filled with a small diameter cording, but do size them to fit.

I strongly suggest you muslin the cups and bridge before cutting your good swim fabric.

You will likely want some elastic at arm hole and neck edge and definitly along rthe bottom under the cups.

The bottom is simple.Attach front to front crotch piece, then back to back of crotch piece.

Now its laying out flat.

There is a great article about attaching elastic to the swim suit...check that out in the Help> Help Index Files.(I think our Nancy Nason wrote it )

I like to attach the elastic around the leg while its still flat, then construct side seams and add waist elastic.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post