Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

swimsuit fitting
 Login/Join

posted
I am having a problem with cup runneth under the underwire of a bikini top. Should I increase cup size using the bust radius measurement or invest in stronger underwire and elastic?

andrea

Andrea Lepley
Page Long
Autumn Brooke Fine Dressmaking
abdressmaking@sbcglobal.net
DS Pro, Fit Tool, FD 1&2, essential lingerie, Princess Tool

Posts: 8 | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With talk of bra "classes" in other posts, why then did this question get ignored? It seems the quick-answer posts get more attention.

Wasn't there a bra guide and how to alter the pattern written by Terry Jerden before? I can't seem to find it in the user manual though.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are swimsuit construction articles in the DS Help menu under Activewear. They include a molded cup but not underwire. There are no bra articles in the DS Manual or the Dress Shop program. To the best of my knowledge, Terry didn't do any bra articles, but Kaaren still has her Bra 101 and Bra 102 articles on her website under the DS4 classes, http://www.geocities.com/FashionAvenue/Catwalk/4867/classv4.html. Kaaren also did a great article on making your own bra form; it's on her store pages, http://patrns4u.com/braform.htm. These are more examples of the tremendous amount of assistance this lady has long put forth for DS users.

Correction: DS Educator Terry Jerden actually did write a bra article that appeared on the LivingSoft website when it had a green background (DS4?). Unfortunately, that article has disappeared from current view.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Diane Day,

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tessa, well first.its the first time i saw the question.

I do not recall seeing an article by Terry Jerden on this topic that was subnmitted for use in the help index of the program.

We would be more than happy to include one with her permission for the users.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kaaren, how about adding your bra article links to the Sewing Tips links in the Dress Shop program. [Or the articles themselves.] It would be a great help to those who want to use the DS bra patterns.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am just amazed at how brave you ladies are to tackle a Bra. I wear one from Victoria's Secret that is similar in construction to the Astrodome. The concept of making a bra frightens me! Kelly

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could do that Diane,I have wanted to redo tjose 2 articles for some time...

Ill submit them..
K

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Andrea,

I know this problem well, as I make most of my own clothes. I cannot fit into any dress because my top and bottom are very disproportionate. ( I wear a dress size 2, but have a bra size of 34K, which effectively means that no dress will fit me.) I use a custom bra with a shelf in the bottom half for support, then add a large swath of elastic to the upper front portion of the dress. This solves the problem of boob fallout underneath the bra/dress, and with some careful movement, things more or less stay in place on top as well.

Posts: 6 | Location: California | Registered: 11 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post