Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    blouse/shirt bottom edge
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

blouse/shirt bottom edge
 Login/Join

posted
I've had DS for years and have made quite a few blouses. What has always confused me is that I can never get a curved bottom line. Except when I select "shirt tail" it always comes out straight across, so I have to eyeball it when I cut out the pattern. Is it just me?

Posts: 13 | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you own the shaper tool you can shape the hem edge. The tool when active is found in the blue column of tools.

My Pattern Designer Pro offers shaping on any blouse pattern.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've had DS for years and have made quite a few blouses. What has always confused me is that I can never get a curved bottom line. Except when I select "shirt tail" it always comes out straight across, so I have to eyeball it when I cut out the pattern. Is it just me?

I'll have to qualify this answer a bit. First, do you have a recent version? I'll assume you do. Next, which blouse are you looking at? Some have specific hem features and options. I'll assume a Fitted Shirt. Next, did you find the "Closure and Finish" menu on Mia? In it, there are options for curved hemline versus flat hemline. I'll assume you found and tried that.

Now, we get to the part that may or may not be right. The extra length at center front is intended to provide the extra fabric needed for a woman's bust. So, men and children and dolls and those with a limited bust do not need it. If Bust Radius is less than 2.5", this added center front length is suppressed.

That may or may not be the number to use. If someone with a lower Bust Radius finds they do need the extra center front length, they can let us know.

Or, you can just set Bust Radius larger and move on. It is only used in the Bra pattern and to position the "waistline" on empire waisted dresses.

If the 2.5" bust radius cutoff should be changed, it can be.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post