Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    New Spring and Summer DS collection
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Spring and Summer DS collection
 Login/Join

posted
Im so glad we have been able to come up with a very up to the minute fashion collection for Spring Summer 2006.

We have made up a variety of empire style garments, and a wonderful new neckline ( based on the old lariat" )called the necklace halter.It is nicely shaped and I think you can have a blast with it. Rather than a fabric neck band which you can embroider, bead, fabric paint on....you can use a prepurchased neck wire or neck band. More on this later.

We have also included 10,12 and 14 gore panel skirts and I cant think of anything more focused on the spring summer 2006 fashion scene.

Yes- TRUMPETS , yes hankys and yes regular gored that you may also add godets to!!!!

Not to be left in the dust we have added 5 and 7 tiered skirts.

Now back to those empires.they included dresses/and blouses and crop tops and halters..
those cropped tops are sizzling hot for summer wear for the teens and young at heart crowd

If some one is expecting that you sew for select an empire go to yokes and increase the gather amount for summer cool and easy to wear maternity tops.....

Ok thats enuff on that.The pictures are there , the patterns are there and you can take the update and preview the new stuff (file preview scroll down to spring and summer 2006) and they are really fun and easy to make up.

Now lets get to what took so long.The princess line garments.

First a Giant thanks to the Washington State users group who worked with one of our programmers long and hard and got the ball rolling in the right direction.

The testers deserve a stand up ovation- this drove them nuts.I can not begin to say just how hard they worked and its impossible to say in a single post how far we came.

The entire dart rotation and amount and a change to the side seam was needed to finally balance this class or group of garments.

We fixed what was wrong with the designs. You should be able to get a very decent Dress Shop princess that goes together smoothly, without any bubbles on the back and with proper darting in front.

I do hope you enjoy this free update, a tremendous amount of effort went into effecting the princess garment fixes in the code and all the other items in Bob's notes in his the "updates" announcement post.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From Kaaren's post:
We fixed what was wrong with the designs. You should be able to get a very decent Dress Shop princess that goes together smoothly, without any bubbles on the back and with proper darting in front.

Kaaren, will Princess patterns that we have saved in Dress Shop be automatically changed with the update, or do we need to redraft all of those patterns? Thanks! And thanks so much to everyone who worked tirelessly to improve the Princess fit (my favorite pattern style!)

Linda in WV

Posts: 86 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saved patterns may not draft quite the same as you expected. I would draft from scratch.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
Im so glad we have been able to come up with a very up to the minute fashion collection for Spring Summer 2006.

I do hope you enjoy this free update, a tremendous amount of effort went into effecting the princess garment fixes in the code and all the other items in Bob's notes in his the "updates" announcement post.

Kaaren

Is this new "free" update included in the 6.17 update? I could not find a place to download the new collection from the download page and did not see an activation code for it on my metal member account page. I did see a page to purchase the new collection.

Beverly

Posts: 2 | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:

Kaaren

Is this new "free" update included in the 6.17 update? I could not find a place to download the new collection from the download page and did not see an activation code for it on my metal member account page. I did see a page to purchase the new collection.

If there is a charge involved, it is referred to as an upgrade and the product main version number will be changed (Dress Shop 4 to Dress Shop 5 to Dress Shop 6, for instance). All updates are free, as they always have been.

All collections are always included in the same Dress Shop Family master, as they always have been.

Activation codes for members are distributed within 48 hours of a new product release, as they always have been.

Nothing has changed with this one...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes version 6.17 is included free, metal members as usual have their codes hand entered by a person and that usually takes a couple days to enter them.

I think part of the web site was down last night for a while....try again.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
I just received a note from Craig (web services) that the member activation codes for the Spring 2006 Collection are now posted and available.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post