Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

armholes
 Login/Join

posted
I am making a jacket for myself.My sloper is good. The panel jacket standard fit, strangely the armhole was bigger than the sleeve. The front armhole was 1 inch bigger. Tried the fitted blazer and find that the sleeve has 1 inch more on the front armhole depth than the back. There was some chat on the other list but haven't seen it here. Is this something already reported and to be fixed in the next update this week I believe? I have DS6Pro with all the bells and whistles

Posts: 237 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently made the panel jacket, casual fit and removed 1" from the back bust ease (I don't need as much BB ease as given) and my sleeve had absolutely no ease at all. Didn't file a problem report, probably should have. It looks OK but would look better with some ease in the cap.

Joan in Concord, CA
Dress Shop Educator
WinXP, Epson CX6400
Dress Shop Pro Suite and all add-ons and tools

Posts: 45 | Location: End of message | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
removing the back bust ease should not remove back cap ease.

It may reduce it slightly but not remove it
.I just ran the panel jacket and remove back ease to 0 and the cap ease on back went from slightly over 3/4 to slightly under 1/2 .
You can adjust cap ease in the sleeve tool.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:

.I just ran the panel jacket and remove back ease to 0 and the cap ease on back went from slightly over 3/4 to slightly under 1/2 .

Kaaren, the pattern draft says the sleeve has 1.29" of ease, but in reality there is "none", just barely got the sleeve into the armscye.

Have you made one lately?

Joan in Concord, CA
Dress Shop Educator
WinXP, Epson CX6400
Dress Shop Pro Suite and all add-ons and tools

Posts: 45 | Location: End of message | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sewknit:
quote:

Kaaren, the pattern draft says the sleeve has 1.29" of ease, but in reality there is "none", just barely got the sleeve into the armscye.

12 July 2005 03:35 PM
quote:

actually yes...I also drafted the pattern in full scale and walked the sleeve stitch line to the arm hole stitch line from the underarm towards apex. Frotn and back. To test results after reading your initial report.
The sleeve was larger than the arm hole ......
please send in a problem report which will attach your chart.

That way we can see your results and try and figure out why.

Just because I can not replicate it doesnt mean we are saying yours isnt doing what you say.it just means with the charts we use for testing we cant replicate that everyone will have the same issue and call it a bug.

Only a problem report will show the issue.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[The sleeve was larger than the arm hole ......
please send in a problem report which will attach your chart.

Only a problem report will show the issue.

Kaaren[/QUOTE]

Kaaren I have tried to send a problem report about this but I am getting the error page when I click send. Do you know is this is down at the moment
Marge UK

Posts: 237 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post