Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yokes in pants
 Login/Join

posted
I don't know: if I missed something with the yoke back, but I need some darts in there, when doing fitted pants.Having a sway back too.
Is this workable at all?besides pencilling it in.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Freda,
I feel personally that no matter how custom the program is that this is one of those areas that you definitely need to be pinned fitted with muslin and adjusted before you cut. Now if you have cut, you can add darts for this pair. But at the same time take a muslin piece of fabric and pin fit it and then take those adjustment and transfer it to your pattern.

Also I would refer you to the book Pants for Real People by Palmer/Pletsch. There is alot of information in that book that mainly applies to the Big4 patterns, but there is also those fitting quirks such as the yoke fiting that are extremely useful.
HTH,
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Linda thank you for responding here,I tried on my pants, with the yoke in the back,and pinned the darts intake I needed,they fit pretty well now.So I must make that change on my pattern piece, yoke section before I forget.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post