Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

back crotch
 Login/Join

posted
I have done everthing that I can think of and am still having a problem with the crotch in the back being too tight. I seem to need to scoop out at the crotch. Can someone please help me with this.
Thanks
Jacqui

Posts: 107 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Gates:
I have done everthing that I can think of and am still having a problem with the crotch in the back being too tight. I seem to need to scoop out at the crotch. Can someone please help me with this.
Thanks
Jacqui
Did you try adding a wee bit to the back?you may need to add a wee bit to the front also to balance them both out.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Posted 22 August 2006 03:00 PM
Thanks
Jacqui

Try adding a little crotch length, then set the back crotch extensions and curve break to 0 and allow the program to recomputre it.
If tyhat still isnt enough increase the number for the curve break slightly.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks
Jacqui

Jacqui -

I'm using MPD. I tried everything I knew to scoop out the back crotch and almost gave up and decided to just sew it out. Then on a lark I lowered the back crotch break from the default location and got part way there. Still wasn't perfect.

Finally I figured I didn't have anything to lose, so I increased the back crotch extension from the default just a little bit (1/4-3/8"). Yes! Pants that were comfortable.

I'd felt like I needed to increase the extension from the beginning but everyone on list seemed to rave about the default ext so I was afraid to deviate from the norm. Thinking about it now it makes sense since I'm bigger front to back than side to side. And since my rear is flat I don't have the normal relationship between frt & back hip.

Why would I think after all this time & work that I'd fit the default, right? Big Grin My first pants pattern that I'm going to sew up to wear is coming off the printer as I type this! Hoorah!!

Vicki (I'd try the extension change first, and then the break point if it still isn't right. The break point is a little bit more confusing to use.)

MPD Pro 4.00a, DS 9.09a, Win 7, IE10, HP Deskjet 7000 & Officejet Pro K8600

Posts: 208 | Location: in Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I increased my inseam by 1/2 inch and that did it. Surprisingly isn't it?
Now my probem is "my waist is about 1 1/2 inches too high" when I put the waistband on, it is almost under my bust. Everything else is so perfect I'm leary about changing anythng on my chart.

Posts: 107 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I increased my inseam by 1/2 inch and that did it. Surprisingly isn't it?
Now my probem is "my waist is about 1 1/2 inches too high" when I put the waistband on, it is almost under my bust. Everything else is so perfect I'm leary about changing anythng on my chart.
Increases should really be done in small increments,3/8th or 1/4"plus you have to watch for the J hook too,its a fine balancing act, to get the right fit in pants.To save yourself making many pant tests, have you thought of just doing the 1/4 scale and measure that?The thing I did, to make more room in crotch pant was .....I decreased my Inseam by0.5cm.Then added to the center back crotch length 0.5cm,then added to my front crotch length 0.2cm until it looked balanced.Think of a see saw/teeder todder.I have larger front and back, as apposed to my sides.Just a guidline here only what works for one isn't always the answer to another. Good Luck.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post