Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

which sloper to use
 Login/Join

posted
As soon as the holidays pass, I plan to upgrade to MPD from Dress Shop. My original measurements are not that great so I guess I have to start over. Would it be better to get a decent fitting sloper from DS first since I have a lot of patterns I want to export to MPD or should I just do a MPD sloper and then send the DS patterns over? I thought I would get to this sooner, but illness and surgeries slowed me down. I have filled a closet with fabric and really need to make serious inroads to that stash since one of my daughters might be moving into back bthat room soon to save for an apartment.----Denise

Posts: 82 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YOu can import your patterns from DS aong with the chart from thereas a starting point and then adjust the chart in the MPD.where it is easier.

I suggest using the torso fit garment rather than just the bodice.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Denise as one who just also upgraded to MPD 2 Pro, I would suggest that you use the Basic MPD to get the sloper fitted - both the bodice and the pant. From my personal experience, I never was able to get a good fit especially with pants with DS but with MPD it only took 5 tries. That may seem like a lot, but with DS I actually lost track of how many tries. I'm not an expert on fitting and I measured myself, but I'm happy now with the fit.

MPD 2 Pro, DS Pro with almost every feature and pattern collection

Posts: 67 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
As soon as the holidays pass, I plan to upgrade to MPD from Dress Shop.

Thought I would mention, there is a "slow economy" special just starting up for MPD that might help with this. You can get any MPD product now and pay over time with interest free installment payments - a good way to use the program now and pay later when your budget permits.

There will be email and newsletter promotions about this in the coming weeks, but the offer is available now from the MPD home page. Or, go to this web page for details:

[URL=C:\MPD Web Site\MPD\MPDInstallments.htm]C:\MPD Web Site\MPD\MPDInstallments.htm[/URL]

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sorry, got the URL messed up. Try this one....

http://www.mypatterndesigner.com/MPD/MPDInstallments.htm

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post