Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Bodice Sloper (Armhole Question)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bodice Sloper (Armhole Question)
 Login/Join

posted
I have pretty much got a good bodice sloper too, again, apart from one (or is it two?) issues.

The bicep measurement was too small, which caused pulling at the underarm and wrinkles in the bust. I slashed the bicep area and that relieved the wrinkles and the pulling, and so I can see that adding to the bicep will give me a result. However, the armhole fits EXACTLY round my arm, and although the pulling is gone now, I worry that it is too tight even for a sloper. I have compared it to patterns, and can see that even the fitted blouse drops and widens the armhole somewhat. So I need to know if I should ALSO increase the armhole depth and reduce the side seam, and how much below the arm would be a good adjustment.

Thanks for any help

Posts: 4 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Michele, the bodice sloper will be snug up under the arm, but you should be able to still have movement. Unless it is cutting into your armpit, I would leave it alone and make a fitted blouse to see the fit with ease.

Posts: 36 | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post