New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: DS Manual
 Login/Join

<val cassenti>
posted
Has the DS Manual been updated with this new release? I have been waiting to print it out and I thought with the addition of Menswear that it might have been updated this time. Also, I am having trouble getting it to come up with in the prog;ram; i.e., I have to go outside of DS, open Adobe Acrobat Reader, then go the location of the manual in the program files to open it? Is anyone else having that problem?

Thanks in advance,
Val Cassenti

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Question 1: has the manual been updated. No, not yet
Question 2: opening the manual. That IS the way its been set up. The manual is in PDF format and must be read using the free Adobe Acrobate reader. This is so it can be opened in any platform no matter what computer system you use or version and be "outside" the program or the program downloads would be even larger than what they are.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<val cassenti>
posted
Thanks for your reply, Karen. I do know it has to be opened with Acrobat. What I meant was that I could not open it from with DS. Usually, you can click on a PDF document and it will open in Acrobat by that action alone. I cannot open it within DS, but must first activate Acrobat Reader and then pick the manual by going to Windows>Program Files>Help> Manual. Before I could simply open the manual by clicking on it in the DS help section and it would come up in Acrobat automatically.

Clear as mud? Is the way I am doing it now the way it is supposed to be?

Thanks,
Val Cassenti

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by val cassenti:
I am having trouble getting it to come up with in the prog;ram; i.e., I have to go outside of DS, open Adobe Acrobat Reader, then go the location of the manual in the program files to open it?
Open Adobe Reader, Edit, Preferences; on the left highlight Internet; then on the right click all the Web Browser Options, click OK. Close the program. In Dress Shop the next time you select Help, User Manual, it will automatically open in a new browser window.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<val cassenti>
posted
Thanks, Diane - they were already checked. In seeing some of the posts about the program being a little slower than before, I think perhaps I am not giving it enough time. The Acrobat opens OK when I click on the manual in the program, but the manual has heretofore not shown up in what I thought was a reasonable time. Perhaps I need to give it longer...

Thanks for your replies, Kaaren and Diane...

Val Cassenti

posted Hide Post
Maybe also try a disk cleanup to see if that wil help speed things up a little.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post