Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    DS7 and fitted bodice problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DS7 and fitted bodice problem
 Login/Join

posted
i just upgraded to v7 to see if it would solve a couple of issues.

Now I have another.

1)selected fitted bodice pattern

2)selected V neck front and back

3)used neckline tool to set frnt depth to bustline, back depth to low back, width to boat neck. Redraft shows bk shldr dart rotated to armhole - all ok....

4) goto fit tool and select no design ease radio button.

DS immediately redrafts, without clicking redraft button, and inserts shoulder dart in the now 1.5" shldr seam.

And all other available options (neck, fit, extras, etc)except for deisgn, print & sleeve are immediately greyed out.

THIS IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. I spent umpteen hours getting the chart right so DS would draft what I needed and now DS is not right!!!

I tried these same steps with the size 8 standard measurement and it does the same thing so I know it is not my chart.

can anyone else replicate this????

Jean

Posts: 50 | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Addl note - this does not happen with the 2 piece bodice top dress.

(there is a line where a bk shldr dart would be but the dart is closed.)

Posts: 50 | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
)selected fitted bodice pattern

2)selected V neck front and back

3)used neckline tool to set frnt depth to bustline, back depth to low back, width to boat neck. Redraft shows bk shldr dart rotated to armhole - all ok....

4) goto fit tool and select no design ease radio button.

DS immediately redrafts, without clicking redraft button, and inserts shoulder dart in the now 1.5" shldr seam.

And all other available options (neck, fit, extras, etc)except for deisgn, print & sleeve are immediately greyed out.

You elected a darted fitted bodice and the dart tool will no longer function for you to unclick the shoulder dart. I tried this and the dart tool locked up on the bodice . Ill report it.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post