Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what pattern
 Login/Join

posted
I purchases some fantastic duponi silk from Reesy's co-op for a top and pants set. the top has a pattern in it, the pants are a co-ordinating colour. What patterns would be best for these. the silk is quite light handed.
Jacqui

Posts: 107 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For what its worth,I would choose a long sleeve blouse with a mandarin collar,I made one over a a year ago, in a lovely emerald green shade,if you choose the mandarin collar make sure its not too high on your neck,I used the shell pattern with bust darts,I wore mine over a long black skirt.I felt like a queen, when we had a special dinner engagement in a resturant,the picture is on the LS web site.Something that drapes nicely is so special.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
would I have to interface the whole thing? I thought about the 1 seam pants for the silk bottome. prob a semi fitted? What about washing this fabric?

Posts: 107 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when you wash dupioni the hand changes and the "shine" changes a bit.it gets much softer.

make sure to treat it as if it was a napped fabric or you will get different shine values up or down....

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jacqui, I've not interfaced dupioni in full and for one seam pants you'd probably not want to - defeats the drape somewhat. I've successfully sewn dupioni with no interfacing or underlined with silk organza - I wasn't game to interface it and change the look of the shine. HTH

Posts: 71 | Location: Melbourne, Aust | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Bob,

I downloaded the new master instead of installing the 6.0 and then the upgrades on this computer and i get a mostly blank screen with this little box that says redraft on it on the left top corner. I have restarted my computer and it still has the same thing showing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am running win xp on this ocmputer with no other version of the DressShop software present. didnt think I needed it since it was a master. Am I wrong here?

DeeDee Revia Texas
Dress Shop 6 Pro with all extras and features
Printers:
HP psc 1210 series
Brother MFC 3220c

DeeDee Revia Texas
Printers:
HP psc 1210 series
Brother MFC 3220c

Posts: 3 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I downloaded the new master instead of installing the 6.0 and then the upgrades on this computer and i get a mostly blank screen with this little box that says redraft on it on the left top corner. I have restarted my computer and it still has the same thing showing.

Hi DeeDee,

You may have lost me there, but if what you did was:

1. Install the full Dress Shop 6.13 download master.

2. Then installed some update or upgrade file that you had on your computer from earlier builds.

That's bad. The full DS 6.13 is the latest of everything and all other updates are earlier builds that would conflict. If this is what you did, you should uninstall the updates AND uninstall the 6.13 master. Then, reinstall just the 6.13 master.

That will be the latest and your measurements and codes should all still be there.

If I have misunderstood what you did, tell me again, please. Good luck...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I realize that I mis-read your post when I replied earlier that you probably did not install the updates after installing the master?

I realized that most of my own tests involved installing on top of earlier builds plus uninstalling, then reinstalling, but without rebooting in between. That might not include the case of a fresh install on a system that has never seen Dress Shop.

So, PeggySue is going through a complete uninstall, reboot, start from scratch to see if we can find a sequence that is failing this way. I'll let you know when we have confirmed anything one way or the other.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi and thanks so much for writing me back

I had no current version of DS on this computer. Installed the 6.13 and it opens up with only the box on the left with a redraft box to click, which does nothing.

I have uninstalled the 6.13 three times and did a reinstall, with same results. Even restarting my computer to see if that helped.

Any suggestions, or should I just go and put my 2.5 and then do an upgrade, to make it easier?

DeeDee

DeeDee Revia Texas
Printers:
HP psc 1210 series
Brother MFC 3220c

Posts: 3 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<LivingSoft Support>
posted
Hi DeeDee,

Any suggestions, or should I just go and put my 2.5 and then do an upgrade, to make it easier?

Please don't install anything yet.

I have completely removed Dress Shop from my computer and I am not able to duplicate the problem with the full 6.13 download. Bob and I are still trying to track it down. Can you tell us which version of Internet Explorer you are running? We both have IE 6 with Service Pack 2. You can find this information by opening your browser, go to Help About Internet Explorer and in the resulting window, the version number will be displayed.

Thanks, and we hope to get this resolved shortly.

Warmest regards,
Peggysue
Livingsoft Northwest Tech Support

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI, I have a new computer and downloaded the only full master available at that time, V6.11 and then installed the 6.13 patch, the last one, not the trial, and everything is working well.

Hope this helps you with your search.

Joan in Concord, CA
Dress Shop Educator
WinXP, Epson CX6400
Dress Shop Pro Suite and all add-ons and tools

Posts: 45 | Location: End of message | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post