Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DS vs MPD
 Login/Join

posted
I currently own both DS and MPD. It appears as though they are beginning to look more similar. I am wondering whether I should continue to maintain both or just migrate to one or the other. The major issue is that I own a lot of DS patterns, both men's and women's, that I do not own in MPD. Other than that, what is the difference between the 2 programs these days? Thanks, Renee

Posts: 97 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MPD permits you to build/design the pattern from scratch and create whatever works within that framework. You can purchase that one pattern as you design it or purchase entire collections. You can start with a default pattern and modify it much as you can in DS. There are also core patterns included with the purchase. OR you get to chose each element of the design/pattern. The choices amount to over 200,000 possibilities. All new design work originates here. The new tools originate here.

DS has named patterns that have specific default values, lines and fit styles with options to make changes. But you must start with one of those basic patterns from either the 200 pattern core program or buy a collection to get more basic style lines. Tools developed in MPD are usually added in the next Upgrade.

One of the major efforts put into DS9 was to bring the existing standards developed for MPD into DS. and add New tools that have existed in MPD for a while. Both provide custom fit, and tremendous flexibility.

DS is more geared to select,click and print while MPD is geared more towards expressing individual choice of every detail.

The goal for both is to allow you to create a wardrobe that express' exactly what you want in your size.

Same destination just different routes to get there- the scenery is pretty cool on both roads.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post