Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Thigh measurements in slim fit pants
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thigh measurements in slim fit pants
 Login/Join

posted
I've been looking at various pants patterns on screen and it looks as though the slim fit pants draft with the upper thigh measurement in the place of the mid thigh measurement.

Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I just not seeing something?

Teresa DS6.12

Posts: 56 | Location: Greece | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by teresa pople:
I've been looking at various pants patterns on screen and it looks as though the slim fit pants draft with the upper thigh measurement in the place of the mid thigh measurement.

Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I just not seeing something?

Teresa DS6.12

Hi Teresa,
I think you are right, but I do know that the slim fit pant fits me better as a result of this too. Don't be deceived by the name slim fit. I am not a slim fit person, but I have legs that are proportioally thinner than the rest of the lower body, so the slim fit pants fit better than say the fitted pants.

If you are deciding on whether or not to make them, then you can try printing out 25% scale patterns and compare or make a test pair first. I think you will like the fit.
HTH,
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Teresa,
I first used the slim fit pants a couple of weeks ago and was pleased with the results. Normally I am a fitted pants maker but was not satisfied with the "bagging" under my butt. (There is a definite difference between the plane of my butt and the plane of my legs.)

I was directed to the slim fit pants because you can add and/or subtract ease amounts that will affect the shape of the leg from the hip to the ankle. This I like! Don't change your measurement chart, just play with the ease amounts. If you have the fit tool, you can begin with "no design ease", "standard ease", "comfort", and "casual".

Have fun with large numbers so you can see what is happening, then put in the numbers you think will work for you. Also, use the grid on the page when you are determining the amounts so that you can count the squares.

Kelly

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post