New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problems with 6.16
 Login/Join

posted
I just recently updated from Pro 6.11 to 6.16

I am having problems with the back armhole. In 6.11 my back armhole was the 1" longer than the front. After 6.16 the front and back are either even or the back is shorter (from 1/8" to1") depending upon the pattern.

It is even worse with the standard size 24 measurement. The back armhole is from 1" to 1 1/2" shorter.

I have tried this with the casual shirt, fitted shirt, armhole princess and shoulder princess.

I sent in a problem report last week but have heard nothing from it.

I am wondering about going back to 6.11. I have Pro 6 on a CD and also update 6.11 on a CD. How do I go about doing this? What do I need to do as far as removing the program and starting over?

I have also contacted support@livingsoft.com and have heard nothing

thanks
Shirley

Posts: 23 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shirley,
first the reason you may not have heard back.The support staff and most of the programmers are away for a winter break for President's week and a litle deserved time off.

The problem report has not been sent around to those of us that would look at it.

The first thing I would check is if a change was accidentally made to your chart somewhere during the process. Specifically check the side length on the current chart versus what you had before.Changes to full and or slopes would also effect the arm hole depth.

MY drafts for arm hole depth with Dress Shop was unchanged, and to my knowledge we did nothing to the code that would make a change.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not made any changes to my measurement chart. I have not been in a position to do any sewing or printing patterns for several months. (life in the way). But I have been reading the posts and after I updated all I did was look at the program and some of the patterns. That is when I noticed the difference in the armhole. When I checked it against the standard measurements I saw they were doing the same
thing.

I can send in another problem report if no one got the first one.

thanks
shirley

posted Hide Post
Shirley just a thought but did you update your account, prior to downloading the new update?I make a habbit of doing so, just to be on the safe side GGG.Im not sure if this is just in my mind or not lol.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No I have not updated anything on my account.
What would that do?

posted Hide Post
Frieda: Could you explain what you mean by "update your account"? Thanks, I just am not getting it either.

Dress Shop-7 Pro and MPD Pro Stand Alone

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Michelle just go to the Livingsoft home page, and look over to the far right of your screen,see the home button, and under that is accounts, click on that it will take you to your account page, log in with pass word and it will show you what you have in DS and MPD.Then its automatically updated sign out then close once done.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Michelle just go to the Livingsoft home page, and look over to the far right of your screen,see the home button, and under that is accounts, click on that it will take you to your account page, log in with pass word and it will show you what you have in DS and MPD.Then its automatically updated sign out then close once done.

Sorry, but viewing the "Your Account" page on the web site does nothing within Dress Shop. If you think that Dress Shop is not fully activated, you can enter the activation codes listed on that "Your Account" page. Or, you can run Dress Shop and select Help - On The Web - Get My Activation Codes. That will enter all of your codes automatically.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post