Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

reference patterns
 Login/Join

posted
I really did use the show other pattern when we had the option and would like to see that feature returned. Once I had a pattern I knew I liked and knew how it fit, it was very easy to click a button and compare that to what I was wanting to design and see how the new design compared with the other. I really do miss that feature. Cheryl

mail to: gasc61944@verizon.net

Posts: 13 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
There were problems with the "show other pattern".

We got complaints that some times things did not always "stick" from the selected options.

Then you would think every choice on the "other pattern" you made was in there when in reality certain ease and length changes didnt.

Result: using bad data to make your choice or Make you check both the new design and the show other.

Kaaren

Thats why it was pulled.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Instead of pulling the feature, couldn't it be fixed? This was a great feature. I used it and I'm sure others did too.

thanks,k

Posts: 203 | Location: mailto:kaydavid@verizon.net | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there any way that we could have an option of showing the fitted pants as a reference pattern(especially since that is often the pattern we use instead of the sloper to check our measurements)? I used this a lot as a quick check on screen to see how other pants compared with the pattern I knew the fit of.

patty

Posts: 3 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I,too, would like to see the reference pattern feature turned back on.

TIA

Ev Williams
central Ohio

Ev Williams
williams.ev@gmail.com

Posts: 27 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could ask but you must remember it will be the fitted pant at default, not with a saved crotch settings or the changes you may ask for.
SO what would be the value for someone with a custom crotch, or custom settigns for bottom width,flare etc?

IF you have a great fitted pant with custom settings save it.print it on paper, or overhead projection clear plastic in 25% and overlay it on the screen.the normal static electricty allows it to "stick"(unless you live in a dusty desert" then you can use any pattern with any changes even soemthign bizare with assymetric necks, closures, hem finishes, way different ease and lengths.

The bodice or key patterns you may wish to use can be printed on just a few sheets of the clear stuff for permanent use.

Use regular paper for one offs of a specialty design to keep on hand forever along with your pattern summary which you can add free form text notes to.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I,too, would like to see the reference pattern feature turned back on.

This feature was removed because it was buggy and did not work well. It failed in more cases than it worked. Making it work for all cases is not possible. Keeping all of the information and selections for two separate patterns intact while drafting both just does not work.

This feature will never come back. Not next update. Not next upgrade. Not next year. Not next decade. Not ever.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post