New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wing Collars
 Login/Join

posted
I love the winged collars!

My problem is that I am not sure how to go about constructing them. Can someone please help me, or point me to a website, etc., that can help me construct these beautiful collars?

Thanks,

Jacelyn

Posts: 1 | Registered: 20 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Under Help, Help Index, How to Assemble Garments, are two drop-down boxes. In the first one select Help with Tops, and the one below that "Make a Wing Collar."

Another reference is "Understanding the Basic Shawl-Collar Pattern" by Fred Bloebaum in Threads online at http://www.taunton.com/threads/pages/t00184.asp. This article references two other shawl collar articles in Threads magazine issues #110 and #114.

quote:
Originally posted by Jacelyn:
I love the winged collars! My problem is that I am not sure how to go about constructing them. Can someone please help me, or point me to a website, etc., that can help me construct these beautiful collars?

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IN DRess Shop if you ahev the shawl wing collars in a colelction you own you also have instructions.......by Evelyn Bunbury with photos.

See help>Help Index. Shawl colalr.they are constructed much the same as ther wing is a derivative of shawl.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post